Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would beat what? What dissadvantages, or advantages of each? Price including all accessories you need to get? Any information would be great. I did a search but then tried again and it said I couldn't for 30 secs. You think I have that time? If there is a thread already like this, please just let me know, thank ya.

·
Korican
874 Posts
You have that many posts and don't know where certain things are or belong :confused:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, that actually didn't help a bit, but thanks anyways. Its more of a performance question than anything actually

·
i-VTEC, Do you?
973 Posts
Supercharger; more reliable, instant power, less expensive. Turbo; more power.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ryu basically put it down.

Supercharger-

More efficient and reliable for practical driving because max boost level is limited. Less maintenance required and supercharged motors will most commonly last longer than turbocharged vehicles. No lag as experienced in Turbo equipped vehicles so power response is always there, but will loose boost as you climb the RPM's.

Turbocharger-

This will produce significantly more power than a supercharger. It functions the opposite of a Supercharger so you'll experience lag when you first step on the gas, but will make up for it as you climb the RPM range.

That's just a few things off the top of my head. I personally will go with a Supercharger since I'll be using my car daily. There's a lot more in depth info that you should look into if you're serious about FI. Good luck.

·
Korican
874 Posts
BriGuy said:
Wow, that actually didn't help a bit, but thanks anyways. Its more of a performance question than anything actually
Sorry, but this is what I meant to say...

wdsonny said:
Read the forums. Search. All have been answered numerous times.
:laughing:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts