Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, well I was talking to someone here in Toronto about Turbo's..this guy has moved away from installing parts to manufacturing them. His name is Johnson Li and he runs Ultimate Racing (Toronto, Canada). He specializes in anything import and he owns a 700hp supra. www.ultimate-racing.com He said he's redesigning his website as quickly as possible so it's not the greatest. But he seemed like a very knowledgable person when talking to him. This what what I found out. He will have the revhard kit at the end of the month and expects it to produce 235WHP. He is working on a custom turbo that is built mostly of HKS Components, external wastegate, intercooler all the parts needed pretty much. He expects completion in 2-3 weeks. He is estimating his custom turbo running 6PSI will net 250-270WHP. This kit he will be selling for $4000. He said that should be good enough to get you into 12's 1/4mile. He was more then eager to talk to me, and we spoke for about half an hour on the phone. He's got a shop with about 30 bays and a in house dyno. I talked to him about reliability of this system and he said at 6PSI it will run forever, and the only thing that will give out on you is the clutch. He said lateron if you changeout your head gaskets we can increase boost & keep reliability. He also said it's using stock fuel injectors to keep gas mileage down. He talked to me about detonation and fuel mapping and he says he custom programs your ecu, spending about a week on the dyno to get optimum performance out of the type-s. So it seems pretty good. Thought you guys would be interested you can give him a call. Little to expensive for me but if your interested give him a call, he'll be more then willing to tell you about the setup for 30 minutes ;) Just thought i'd share this with you people, he was showing 7 turbo'd cars at his last show, so I thought i'd ask him. So here you go guys :). If anyone wants to talk to him about turbo plans or get more info his # is 416-587-2592 ask for Johnson.

-Clu

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Nice. That custom kit is cheaper than the revhard kit. HKS components are a plus.

Is this $4k Canadian dollars?????

G

·
of course its 4000 canadian dollars, the guy is from toronto. maybe ill give this guy a call

so thats like 3 american dollars right, lol:laughing:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TrustRSX said:
Nice. That custom kit is cheaper than the revhard kit. HKS components are a plus.

Is this $4k Canadian dollars?????
Sorry I should have mentioned it's US. The guy MOSTLY does business with people in the US..dont ask me why :) So their you go :)

-Clu

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
clusion said:

Sorry I should have mentioned it's US. The guy MOSTLY does business with people in the US..dont ask me why :) So their you go :)

-Clu
If the mechanic persoanlly comes down here and does the install, I'd justify the price.

Hope he brings the dyno!

·
Retired
13,573 Posts
$4,000 US isn't that bad for what he's claiming to do.

I'd drive my damn car all the way down to Toronto if I had to!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
koalapeck said:
$4,000 US isn't that bad for what he's claiming to do.

I'd drive my damn car all the way down to Toronto if I had to!
Yeah sounds like a good deal to me aswell. I've been told go turbo because supercharger has limits in the amount of power it can produce. But if your car crazy the more upgrades you do to your car with a turbo the more boost you can dial in, the more power that can be had. So anyways..i'll give him a call in 3-4 weeks and see how the turbo setup is coming.

-Clu

G

·
12's?!?!?!?!:eek: :laughing: Someone said that 6 or 7 psi won't do alot to wear the engine fast. In fact I believe the quote was it shouldn't do anything except maybe to the clutch. Anyone have any idea of whether or not our Type-S tranny's can even manage to apply that kinda power to the ground? Or would we be sitting still spinning our tires? I am assuming 17's with better tires would help, what other mods do you think you might need to get a car running well with that much power? While it sounds nice, I don't want to have to have drag slicks, and 5 lbs. of pressure to be able to launch in everyday driving. Either way this sounds beyond amazing. 12's? I think my car just winked at me!

G

·
12's

i hate to sound pessimistic, but, although high 12's are very possible, you would be astounded what it takes to get those kinda times out of a fwd car. especially a 4 cyl. a company called apr (audi performance and racing) has a stage three gti that has hit 12.9 . that is their company prototype. and i can imagine that was on slicks. we are talking about a 4 banger with like almost 400.00 hp. there is a lot more to running good et's than just adding hp. i saw the car run a 13.7 on yokahama 18" parada's. in crappy conditions. what i am trying to say is dont let someone selling go fast parts get you to buy sometrhing that expensive with the idea that you can actually be that fast. tubincubin is right even if you get that kinda power, other parts will fail, and you also have to be able to put it to pavement. most of us also have to still have to be able to drive it everyday as well. so keep these things in mind. my $.02 .
;)

G

·
12's

btw i have a friend with a nissan 240 sx. ka 24de engine with turbo kit(fmax) puts down like 235 to the ground. he ran a 14.2 for his best time. and that is in a rwd car. his clutch was slipping, so he will hopefully have an act unit in it this week. but he is shooting for like a 13.8. just want you to be realistic.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
I fully agree with you gti-man. Being realistic, running 12's on 270rwhp probably isn't possible unless you go to the extreme and completely gut out your car and install lighter components (ie. windows, hood, hatch, etc..) while running on slicks. 13's is a possiblity which is still pretty damn fast for a daily driven car.
And I'm not discrediting Ultimate Racing or the information you passed on clusion. I'm just throwing in my say. :)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
RSiX said:
I fully agree with you gti-man. Being realistic, running 12's on 270rwhp probably isn't possible unless you go to the extreme and completely gut out your car and install lighter components (ie. windows, hood, hatch, etc..) while running on slicks. 13's is a possiblity which is still pretty damn fast for a daily driven car.
And I'm not discrediting Ultimate Racing or the information you passed on clusion. I'm just throwing in my say. :)
\

I understand completely :) 12's is more of a dream..get close to those ferrari times with a rsx. I'd like to get their on a normal streetable car, without spending 15K on the motor. I just dont want to spend 5K to run a 14.1 or 14..i hope to expect more! I hear with a turbo the sky's the limit, just work on internals and slowly your power gains will be huge. As opposed to N/A where it costs you more $$$. Correct??

-Clu

G

·
13's

i guess if your goals arent set high enough you wont get far enough to be happy. good luck. :thumbsup: i have another friend that has a supra tt. best time 12.1 not sure about the mph. this guy has his own shop and cars are his life. the car is turning out aproximately 600ish in hp. granted a tt supra is heavy, its also rwd, and it has a really crappy 1/8 mile time, on the second 1/8 it is a monster. a stock z06 corvette runs high 12's with 405 hp and it weighs about 2800 lbs, less than my vw. that should give you an idea about et's for your dollar. 14.1 on the street in a 4cyl is hard to beat.
:dontknow:

·
Registered
140 Posts
What's the "revhard kit" you referred to? :dontknow:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts