Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just recently had an aftermarket stereo receiver installed in my '03 rsx (base model) and everything was working fine, however today I switched out the mounting/faceplate kit for a different one, and after reconnecting everything and re-seating the receiver in the dash my turn signals no longer work.

I did a quick search and I saw that in many cases this happens because the hazard switch was not reconnected properly, in which case both the hazard and turn signals wont work, but in my case I double checked the hazard switch to make sure it was fully reconnected, and it is definitely still working.

Is it possible that the hazard switch could be working but something with its connection is not 100% right with it causing the turn signals not to work? Or does it sound like it is just a completely separate issue altogether?

·
Name's Vic
14,752 Posts
Unplug it and check for bent pins if you don't see any plug it back in. If they still dont work check your fuses might have blown one. Pretty sure the hazard and turn signal work off different fuses.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i figured out what the problem was, wasn't a bent pin or a blown fuse. It seems that I had screwed the hazard switch to the faceplace too tightly which was causing the switch to actually be slightly depressed, but not enough to cause the hazard lights to turn on. This semi-depressed state was prevent the turn signals from working though, weirdly enough.

To fix, I just had to loosen the screws on the switch a bit. The only downside to this is that the switch is not secured nice and firmly so it jiggles a bit if u push on it. Its not the end of the world, just odd that it only does that now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The man!!

That was pure genius!!!! I did the exact same thing after installing my new deck and Have been racking my brain the last three days trying to figure out what is wrong with my signals I checked the fuses they're all fine and I couldn't figure out anything until I read this thread went tried it on my car and the blinkers work perfectly fine thank you my good man you are brilliant:bow:

·
Registered
48 Posts
I did all of this, my hazards work fine, but blinkers wont turn. Losened the moutning screws for the hazard, and checked pins.. I re wired everything back up but still no turn signals..

·
Registered
48 Posts
I don't know why I can't get my signals back on, I stripped the button down to make sure it's not compressed or anything, plug on both the harness and plug are fine. Fuse is fine. Why are my signals still not working.. >:O

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just went out and worked on this some more, even got my boss to come check it out..

my wiring is good.. Everything works on the stereo, but something has happened with my signal lights.

It can't possibly be a fuse for either, because the lights are working in the dash and on the chassis.

I've read in almost 10 other threads about this that the Hazard button itself seems to trip itself up or may have some kind of issue or another, whatever. I've scoured this switch, from top to bottom and stripped it apart and nothing is wrong. It works!

WTF i'm going crazy and i'm trying to fix this before I get a fat ticket :/

·
Registered
112 Posts
Just went out and worked on this some more, even got my boss to come check it out..

my wiring is good.. Everything works on the stereo, but something has happened with my signal lights.

It can't possibly be a fuse for either, because the lights are working in the dash and on the chassis.

I've read in almost 10 other threads about this that the Hazard button itself seems to trip itself up or may have some kind of issue or another, whatever. I've scoured this switch, from top to bottom and stripped it apart and nothing is wrong. It works!

WTF i'm going crazy and i'm trying to fix this before I get a fat ticket :/
Remove the faceplate, and back the hazard switch off a bit. Just unscrew the 2 screws on the hazard switch just a little bit, and see if your turn signals work again. Or try removing the switch from the face plate completely. ANY small pressure on that switch will kill your turn signals completely.
If all your fuses are good, then that will more than likely be your problem.

·
Registered
112 Posts
What about the relay
To my understanding, the hazard switch IS the relay for the turn signals. So that's why I suggested backing it off the faceplate or removing it completely and testing it.

I had to put spacers on my hazard switch screws or else I'd be stuck with no turn signals. That faceplate is not built the same as OEM.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
To my understanding, the hazard switch IS the relay for the turn signals. So that's why I suggested backing it off the faceplate or removing it completely and testing it.

I had to put spacers on my hazard switch screws or else I'd be stuck with no turn signals. That faceplate is not built the same as OEM.
There is an actual relay in the fuse box, but it's for both the turn signals and the hazard switch.

Crispi, have you tried the trouble shooting steps in the manual? There's 3 different fuses that can go out.

·
Registered
48 Posts

I've taken the screws out completely and it's no longer attached to the face plate. I also took the button and took some pieces off it of so that it's no longer the button, it's just the square switch which isnt mounted so it cant be compressed...? When I press it, hazards still go on and off and it works.

I've checked the two turn signal/hazard fuses, which third fuse am I missing "mfarmakas17"

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I've taken the screws out completely and it's no longer attached to the face plate. I also took the button and took some pieces off it of so that it's no longer the button, it's just the square switch which isnt mounted so it cant be compressed...? When I press it, hazards still go on and off and it works.

I've checked the two turn signal/hazard fuses, which third fuse am I missing "mfarmakas17"
The manual has the following in the turn signal/hazard switch section.
#9 under the dash
#5 in the engine bay
#15 in the engine bay

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts