Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
is there any company that make a twin turbo system for rsx i hope not though i want to be the first but lack of money will be a bitch

·
Registered
419 Posts
BattleGroup said:
why do you want a twin turbo 4 cylinder? Just curious!
you'll probably pull bigger numbers with a single turbo

·
[email protected] stock tires I/E
1,091 Posts
pointless

·
Registered
435 Posts
dupontrsx said:
pointless
:iamwiths:

If you think about you will acualy not make much power at all ... with a twin set up you basicaly have 2cyl running each turbo ... they will take for ever to spool and won'y make any power ... with single turbo you have all 4cyl running 1 turbo which will cause faster more powerful spool and make more power ... twin turbo only work good on V6's and up.

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
wtf!?!

how the heck would u only have 2-cyl running each turbo? we've got an I4, not some crazy ass V4, or boxer engine.

but yeah, a properly tuned single can outdo a twin turbo anyday. even on bigger cars. look at teh TT Supra, a lot of owners going for power ditch teh twin-setup for a bigger single.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Single turbo is better.

You may benefit slightly from a sequential twin turbo, but only in response and not in peak power. With a sequential setup you'd have one smaller turbo at the front which spins up faster to reduce turbo lag and a larger turbo farther down the exhaust which would spin up more slowly but provide larger boost. They could both feed one single intake piping.

But if you want better throttle response or less turbo lag then get a supercharger instead. Because you won't get the same peak power with a sequential twin turbo because the first turbo will create some backpressure and rob the larger turbo of exhaust pressure which spins it up to create the boost.

·
Banned
120 Posts
Or if you have infinite money to burn you could just rebuild your engine, go with a huge single turbo and then do nitrous. I dont think anyone is running that setup on the K series yet so you could be the godfather of that setup! Keep us updated on what you choose! :tonguegri

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i want to do it just to show it can be done after that prob just go to single

·
Registered
383 Posts
Well while you are pissing money away mail me some so I can make good use of it on my car. Thanks a million

·
Meow?
3,940 Posts
ViciousDragon said:
i want to do it just to show it can be done after that prob just go to single
Wait, you want to do it to show that it can be done but you don't want custom? :drink:

·
It's は時間行く!!!
59 Posts
This is pointless unless its a V or an H engine, I wonder how long will it spool up on a 2L 4 banger engine? Twin turbo is used to reduce turbo lag on the bigger engines does it not?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts