Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Vendor
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
update: the car is complete and running. just got finished dynoing and making its first shakedown passes

pic of car:

low boost dyno chart:

boost plot:

(from javier @ hondata - owner of the car)

Hi Geoff I hope that everything is going well with you, I have some updates of my build. I finally got it going and we were able to get on the dyno. We made 550hp with 414tq @ 17 pounds of boost 8500 rpm(2.2 Liter), we are planning to bring it back to the dyno for more boost, I just wanted to get the feel of the car with low boost. I took it to a local 1/8 mile track for some seat time and we ran a 6.70et @ 111mhp with 16 pounds of boost on our first and only pass (due to a broken shifter cable)

I wanted to send you some data about your manifold and let me tell you it works GREAT!!!!! I was able to hold 11 pounds of boost with a pretty flat boost curve - have a look at the attachments and you will find the boost graph of my previous setup (Stock TSX engine with a log manifold turbo kit), you can tell that I had boost creep vs. the new setup which we are not even close to where the Turbo is working hard. At this point we seem to be getting 22 hp per each pound of boost and we are hopping to get more power per pounds at higher boost level. I will send you more results as soon as I get to dyno with higher boost(25 lbs).

Thanks for making a wonderful product and for all of your help.

Javier Loarca
Hondata Inc.

i have some pics i wanted to share with you guys. the setup is an EG with a built k series, and built trans. Turbo is the borg warner 71mm equivalnet of GT42R, 4" downpipe, 3" charge pipes, pretty solid setup overall.

engine bay

straight cut dog engagement gears

Dont have too much more info yet, as the car doesnt run, but its very close as you can see. more info soon hopefully!

·
Retired OG
147,491,196 Posts

·
I <3 Bewst
1,716 Posts
:whoa::drool: Can't wait to see updates.

·
Internet Crack Dealer
34,438 Posts
I know whos car it is but I am not going to say, they can say themselves.

i'm envious of that brace in place of 5th gear. that is a built tranny. any more specs on it?
I am going to be shipping out a couple of transmissions to start development of one that will replace 6th gear (or the collar in the 5 speeds). I am also working with a company on developing different gear sets from a stock upgrade replacement to a full dog box. Expect to see us offering full race transmissions toward the middle of the year if our testing is fruitful.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Tranny

that manifold hasnt even been released yet, somebody got hooked up. As for the gears, I just saw those for sale on another website, for the whole set or whatever its like 7k. Crazy stuff Geoff.

I am involved with the development and testing of these dog boxes with Go Power Motorsports ( www.go-pwr.com ) .

These are currently being tested in an ALL MOTOR car as well as the car above.

These gearsets are 4 speed only and use the factory finals. The parts are 4340 and are heat treated to accomplish a good compromise between strength, toughness, and wear resistance. The set does use the factory forks.
We can have other finals made in the future however we are doing a "beta" run with these currently. Once we get the information we need then production will start.

The pricing is TBD but expect somewhere around 6000+

We will keep you informed on the progress. If all goes well and we are happy with them, they may be on the market before Summer.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Here is another photo of the gears.

·
Internet Crack Dealer
34,438 Posts
thanks!

We have put a lot of money into the developement of this and are really looking
forward to beating it up.
how come you removed 5th? I see how the shift fork would have been in the way but there are a few ways around that and still keep them in place without moving around and locking into two gears at once.

·
BUY MY CAR!!!
4,908 Posts
I am involved with the development and testing of these dog boxes with Go Power Motorsports ( www.go-pwr.com ) .

These are currently being tested in an ALL MOTOR car as well as the car above.

These gearsets are 4 speed only and use the factory finals. The parts are 4340 and are heat treated to accomplish a good compromise between strength, toughness, and wear resistance. The set does use the factory forks.
We can have other finals made in the future however we are doing a "beta" run with these currently. Once we get the information we need then production will start.

The pricing is TBD but expect somewhere around 6000+

We will keep you informed on the progress. If all goes well and we are happy with them, they may be on the market before Summer.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Here is another photo of the gears.

yea you were the one I saw posting this. I think its awesome but its out of my price range.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts