Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 128 Posts

·
Consultant
825 Posts
It is about this big. |_____________|
That's a big variation depending if the window is opened on my phone, laptop of LCD monitor. Anyway I can get that measurement in millimeters?

·
Resident hater
7,647 Posts
It's like an inch. And it will fit the jtc shifter. I have one.

·
Consultant
825 Posts
ok, do you have a pic? Just wanted to make sure it fit under and didn't stick out from under the side of it. I'm not sure it I need it or not, since I will be ordering a redline shift boot and they come with their own piece on them do they not?

·
Resident hater
7,647 Posts
car's in the shop so i cant get a pic right now. it sticks out from under the knob but it's barely noticeable.

·
Consultant
825 Posts
Im going to modify the OEM top of the boot first. I will cut off all the excess on top and it will function just like the CRSX one. If that dont work I will get redline to make one with the piece that looks like the one in an integra.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
why's mine look retarded.
first with the oem now with crsx and it still looks ridiculous.

·
Pancakes
5,343 Posts
why's mine look retarded.
first with the oem now with crsx and it still looks ridiculous.

Put a couple of washers under the adapter to push it up a little bit, or man up and screw your shift knob down farther.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
a washer is a good idea. i put double sided tape under there for now. when that comes loose ill go for a washer.

and its already screwed on as far as it goes.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
its not necessarily a problem..but it just looks cleaner, it will still sag like the oem one. you gotta put something around the shift rod under it at the right spot so it meets the knob perfectly flush and doesnt move.

·
Consultant
825 Posts
Nice looks good!

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
^thanks.
my interior needs cleaning. and i need some new pictures. and money :(

·
Consultant
825 Posts
Yea, Im still waiting on the JTC short shifter. Their site should be updated soon.

·
Consultant
825 Posts
this is the first one that I have seen after selling over 300 shift knobs and 700 adapters.
Yea I have seen a lot of posts with them and no one has ever mentioned that that didn't fit. He may be using a diff shift lever?

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Yea I have seen a lot of posts with them and no one has ever mentioned that that didn't fit. He may be using a diff shift lever?
It's not really about the fitment, because it does fit.... it has to do more about IT staying up, which I had issues with, I just didn't care :dontknow: I still like how it looks :pimp

·
Internet Crack Dealer
34,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
It's not really about the fitment, because it does fit.... it has to do more about IT staying up, which I had issues with, I just didn't care :dontknow: I still like how it looks :pimp
not sure how it couldn't stay up, it is designed to fit the taper of the stock shifter arm.

·
Consultant
825 Posts
His shifter may not go far enough down, and he may be trying to push the adapter up to it instead of screwing the knob down more. That's the only way I would see it not working.

81 - 100 of 128 Posts