Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

121 - 128 of 128 Posts

·
Super Moderator
430,521 Posts
as promised and as best as i can without taking my shift boot apart, these are the pics i got for you guys. as you can see the boot push the adapter up so it sits flush with the knob. the knob is a t1r knob and yes my car is an auto

i tried to get different angles and pics so you guys can see how it sits in there. i left the plate that has the selector stuff on, like P R N D etc so the boot sits on top of it

chris this shift boot is the one i got from you years back from the clubrsx store, thanks for the sell.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
430,521 Posts
no the boot doesn't slide up and down at all during shifting, but at the same time i don't drive like that haha. again the boot "push" it up somewhat so it sits right under the knob looking flush like that, you will have no problem with it. also remember that i left the plate thing in there, so i did not remove the selector thingy, meaning underneath the boot you still see the P/N/R/D/etc

in the last attachment, you can see how it sits in N, flush like ftw

the knob i use is made for an auto, so i don't know about using a type s adapter and such with that setup. i forgot the tread size for an auto shift knob, but a simple search shouldn't be hard to find out

·
Officially Amused ;P
5,032 Posts
I will change it now that I have seen the pictures!
oh btw you should post up "AzianK's" pics (if its alright w/him) also put listings as references just incase other autos want to do the same bro that'll help them alot :fistbump:

no the boot doesn't slide up and down at all during shifting, but at the same time i don't drive like that haha. again the boot "push" it up somewhat so it sits right under the knob looking flush like that, you will have no problem with it. also remember that i left the plate thing in there, so i did not remove the selector thingy, meaning underneath the boot you still see the P/N/R/D/etc

in the last attachment, you can see how it sits in N, flush like ftw

the knob i use is made for an auto, so i don't know about using a type s adapter and such with that setup. i forgot the tread size for an auto shift knob, but a simple search shouldn't be hard to find out
thanks bro you made it easier, but ima just find a lock nut just incase for under the boot to hold it up tighter against the knob cuz i do that shifting thing always :laughing: & auto thread is m8x1.25 w/ or w/out the m, m-metric :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
430,521 Posts
chris is welcome to use my pics if he likes, i don't see a problem with that.

no there isn't any nut or spring under the twist adapter pushing the boot up against the knob itself, it naturally sits like that. the cloth material of the shift boot is strong enough that it can push up, yet soft enough that you can pull it down like in attachment 3

now that i have more time to read over this thread, i have no idea how you would use this in your setup. it seem like it would get in the way of your shifting back and forth.

you aren't planning on setting it on top of this right? or even with the selector plate thing on, that still has no place for your nut/spring/thingy/whatever

·
Officially Amused ;P
5,032 Posts
chris is welcome to use my pics if he likes, i don't see a problem with that.

no there isn't any nut or spring under the twist adapter pushing the boot up against the knob itself, it naturally sits like that. the cloth material of the shift boot is strong enough that it can push up, yet soft enough that you can pull it down like in attachment 3

now that i have more time to read over this thread, i have no idea how you would use this in your setup. it seem like it would get in the way of your shifting back and forth.

you aren't planning on setting it on top of this right? or even with the selector plate thing on, that still has no place for your nut/spring/thingy/whatever

haha ok no nevermind that screw, i found an adapter same like what 9k racing has from itsproper.com
& i think im just going to decide weither to pop off that plastic PRNDL thing later after test fitting once all those parts come in, just need to order the twist adapter, shift boot & a locking nut to go under it to hold it flush against the knob... thanks so much tho your pics helpd the loads :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
430,521 Posts
no problem, i'm glad after all these years and how long ago i've stopped modding that my car can still help someone else out haha

feel free to pm me for any questions you may have in the future, i'll do what i can for ya

121 - 128 of 128 Posts