Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys... do you know where i can get the Type-R wing for my rsx. I've got the regular wing (small one) and i wanna replace it with the Type-R wing... the one also on the A-Spec. Can i get them through Acura or do i have to look for an aftermarket part? By the way... i need the artcic blue pearl.

·
Who's the big winner????
1,246 Posts
You can buy them from Acura but they will try to screw you on the price. You can buy a replica which will be much cheaper. I think the only advantage of buying from the dealer is that they should have them already in the color of your car. I'm pretty sure that if you buy one elsewhere you are going to have to have it painted. I could be wrong. They aren't tough to find just look around. Try googling it.

·
Registered
13,167 Posts
i heard you can find some good ones on ebay, but becareful not to get the wings west wing because they look similar.

·
Registered
34,829 Posts
you cant buy it from acura since they cant part out the a spec kit. the only way you can is if you know someone that works for them but thats unlikely. even if you could get it from acura, they are overpriced imo. i would say youre better off getting a replica one off some site for like 100 bucks then painting it yourself. there are actually some sites that even paint them for you for like 80 bucks more i believe, run a search, youll find a billion threads asking the exact same thing :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
I got my wing form trimking1 on ebay, They paint the wing and also drill the holes for you alreday. Very good replica.

·
yawn..
22,903 Posts
Won't be able to get the wing seperate from the kit anymore.. it only comes together

·
metaphysical impostor
4,727 Posts
i think the ASPEC wing differs from the typeR but i havent really looked into it http://autoearth.com/AcuraRSX.asp that shows the typeR and the typeS "JDM" wing its 1.5inches smaller and they are manufactured for north american acura dealers only. once again im absolutly 100% NOT positive that the ASPEC doesnt come with the JDM wing, maybe someone else here can help me out.

·
Huh?
1,738 Posts
Emy said:
beware that spoilerdepot.com sells ww wings.. not type r.. i wouldnt recommend the site.. unless you wanna get something different than what you pay for.. expect a ww wing instead of typer from spoilerdepot.com
I confirm this..

·
Registered
670 Posts
I recommend hondacuraworld.com
Painted, Free shipping, OEM holes
best of all....CHEAPER than trimking or spoilerDepot.
check it out~

1 - 20 of 48 Posts