Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Type-R cam owners?

1K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  Rookie 
#1 ·
I researched alot and seen dyno's and stuff, But i want to know from people that have type-r cam and manifold does the car pull harder than the stock cams? Is it worth doing the setup? Thanks again

#3 ·
Uh, yes

RSX8600 said:
Yes, it's much better. about 16 whp.

Get the Hondata with an S-AFC or the Kpro to go with that and you will have a great very fast car or at least fast enough to get you into trouble.

#8 ·
Another LeveL DJS said:
i have the k20a swap...i raced my friend who has hondata 4 and i beat him by about 2 car lengths and pulling away still.so yah...decent amount of power
But does he have a type r tranny, intake manifold, and 11.5:1?

#13 ·
RSX8600 said:
You can but u need the manifold so it can breath better. Type-r manifold makes power at 7600-up so u would need it since u would be reving to 8900-9000rpm.
so if you get the type-r cams you need to get a new ecu right since we can only rev to 8400 stock right

#14 ·
RSX8600 said:
I researched alot and seen dyno's and stuff, But i want to know from people that have type-r cam and manifold does the car pull harder than the stock cams? Is it worth doing the setup? Thanks again
Remember when kindle pulled me hard on the highway up to 140? It was because of those R cams! :eek: :driving:

#19 ·
I'm running Type R cams, Type R ECU flash and Injen short ram intake. It's alot nicer. 6 gear is now a passing gear for getting around grandpa in the left lane. Comments about the intake manifold being needed for the lofty portion of the powerband is true. It still accelerates but you can "feel" the bottleneck that high up due to the power trailing off.

#20 · (Edited)
2ND RSX said:
Remember when kindle pulled me hard on the highway up to 140? It was because of those R cams! :eek: :driving:
Hey,
Jeramy had a really nice car. It's too bad that it was stollen recently, but don't fret! He has some pretty amazing plans for the future which will remain unsaid for now. As a good friend of his I have sworn to secrecy! On another note, I will be purchasing the ITR Intake manifold and ITR cams very soon. I think this will compliment my setup pretty nicely.

-Carl

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.