Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,995 Posts
Recalibrated? JDM DC5R cluster?

You know that it only shows KM/h right? Does not show any MPH on it. The Canadian version shows KMH as the bigger lettering and MPH as the smaller ones, whereas ours shows MPH as bigger lettering and KMH as smaller lettering.

Either way, JDM DC5R proly wont work well though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,529 Posts
Keep in mind the Type-R gauge cluster will make you loose your current mileage!
 

·
1 of 1
Joined
·
5,669 Posts
im wondering can u just buy the gauge face for just the tack and put it on the usdm cluster?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,529 Posts
Importtuner said:
im wondering can u just buy the gauge face for just the tack and put it on the usdm cluster?
I'm sure you could. I've been thinking about doing that.
 

·
YEeEee
Joined
·
3,807 Posts
swwifty said:
Keep in mind the Type-R gauge cluster will make you loose your current mileage!
Umm i used my JDM cluster....didn't fuck nething up.....when i switched back to stock i picked up where i left off.....only thing is that my motor has more mileage than the cluster says;)
took it to dealer twice since.....they cant tell....im doing this so that i can keep my warranty a lil longer :laughing:

oh and yea u can just swap clusters....doesnt need recalibration or w/e......not sure if mileage is only stored on cluster cuzz you can get it reflashed on ecu rite? :dontknow:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,995 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,995 Posts
swwifty said:
Keep in mind the Type-R gauge cluster will make you loose your current mileage!

Yup, the miles will be stored on the cluster itself, plus it will read kilometers instead of miles (like our digital digits represent miles).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,995 Posts
Importtuner said:
im wondering can u just buy the gauge face for just the tack and put it on the usdm cluster?


You proly can't just buy the face, but you can swap out the parts if you prefer. you can remove the center face part where it says "Type-R", but it will still show KMH in speed though.

Make note when you look on our USDM cluster, the MPH max is 160 MPH in which it translates into about 225 KMH (approx. I'll have to look to make exact sure).

The entire front display is an entire piece together, thin plastic piece though, which you can remove from the cluster and put onto ours.

Just remember the span of the JDM cluster is 180 KMH while the span of the USDM cluster is 160 MPH (about 225 kmh).

I would think caliboration would be needed, not sure :dontknow:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,995 Posts
jspecDc5 said:
Umm i used my JDM cluster....didn't fuck nething up.....when i switched back to stock i picked up where i left off.....only thing is that my motor has more mileage than the cluster says;)
took it to dealer twice since.....they cant tell....im doing this so that i can keep my warranty a lil longer :laughing:

oh and yea u can just swap clusters....doesnt need recalibration or w/e......not sure if mileage is only stored on cluster cuzz you can get it reflashed on ecu rite? :dontknow:

Mileage is stored on the cluster itself, does not have anything to do with the ECU (even though the ECU might still have stored the mileage).

Reflashing the ECU would not affect the cluster in any way.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top