Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Type R header Vs. Type S header

Tags
header type
5K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  painoracing 
#1 ·
Is there a significant difference between the Type R and Type S header performance wise, like how there is a significant performance difference between the B-series GSR header and type R C5 header?

#2 ·
optimus said:
Is there a significant difference between the Type R and Type S header performance wise, like how there is a significant performance difference between the B-series GSR header and type R C5 header?
yes, the TypeR header is better for higher RPM gains. they are two different layouts.

#6 ·
The TypeR header is most likely going to pass California smog tests. I can't see it not passing, lets say that. It will bolt directly to a stock TypeS cat back, but it won't pass the front sway bar.

#7 ·
I'm more interested in how the Type R header compares with the DC Race Header since they are pretty close in the price range.

#15 ·
swwifty said:
Here's a picture of the difference between the Type-S and the Type-R header. You can cleary see which is better.
Great pics! Thanks for sharing. You know, every time I see Type-R parts and think of all the extra stuff the Type-R has over our Type-S, it makes me wonder how all of this good stuff only adds up to a total of 20 flywheel horses...

#16 ·
conradb212 said:
Great pics! Thanks for sharing. You know, every time I see Type-R parts and think of all the extra stuff the Type-R has over our Type-S, it makes me wonder how all of this good stuff only adds up to a total of 20 flywheel horses...
yeah, I think Hondata underrated alot of their cars. The Type-R has alot better parts.

#18 ·
swwifty said:
yeah, I think Hondata underrated alot of their cars. The Type-R has alot better parts.
Wouldn't surprise me.

The interesting thing is that a lot of people here expect 15 or 20 horsepower from just a couple of cheap bolt ons when it takes Honda:

- higher compression
- a higher flowing intake manifold
- a far superior header
- hotter cams
- and who knows what other tweaks

to go from our 200 to their 220.

I wonder what the Japanese do to soup up their Type-Rs.

#19 ·
conradb212 said:
Wouldn't surprise me.

The interesting thing is that a lot of people here expect 15 or 20 horsepower from just a couple of cheap bolt ons when it takes Honda:

- higher compression
- a higher flowing intake manifold
- a far superior header
- hotter cams
- and who knows what other tweaks

to go from our 200 to their 220.

Don't forget the tweeked ECU and better flowing muffler.

#20 ·
conradb212 said:
Same thing we do, I would assume. Toda, Top Fuel, Skunk2, etc. or FI. I can't wait for Skunk2's cams to be released.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.