·
i-vtec.Do you?
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is their any benefit of using a type-r intake manifold on a k20a3

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Nope.......You would be better off with the Type s manifold.

·
i-vtec.Do you?
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im just wondering.I dont own a base someone on honda-tech was saying they have a type-r manifold to put on their ep hatch.I was sure it would be stupid since base cams are not really flow monstors and thier is no need for a bigger manifold.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
It's pointless because the type s manifold is just as good (or maybe even better down low) until about 7800rpm, where the type r manifold blows the type s away. If your revving to 7000rpm, and your using a type r manifold......you just wasted your money.

·
i-vtec.Do you?
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah this kid is pretty dumb for wasting his money on the r manifold ill guess he'll figure it out when he puts it on his car itll be slower than before.

·
Registered
529 Posts
His car won't be slower than before. The Type S and Si use the same manifold, just that the Type S has a bigger throttle body. If the Type S manifold flows the same till 7k RPMs than so will the Si manifold. The only thing he will be benifitting from the Type R manifold is the bigger throttle body.

·
i-vtec.Do you?
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah but i think he would lose low end torque from the bigger runners.Making him a little slower if he wont gain nothing up top from it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.