Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
13,782 Posts
keihin Spitfire said:
what does prc and prb mean?
They are "class identifiers" used by Honda. For our purposes, PRC = ITR part and PRB = Type S part.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Glimpse said:
They are "class identifiers" used by Honda. For our purposes, PRC = ITR part and PRB = Type S part.
ok thanks for clearing that up. do i need an 02-04 tb too and is that going to fuck with the computer.

·
Central PA AMSOIL dealer
5,590 Posts
keihin Spitfire said:
ok thanks for clearing that up. do i need an 02-04 tb too and is that going to fuck with the computer.
You're going to need it if you plan on running the ITR IM. Unless you plan on modifying your ITR IM, but I wouldn't recommend it. The only way an 02-04 TB will mess with your ECU is if the sensors are different, which they very well could be.

·
Registered
163 Posts
7900rpms said:
You're going to need it if you plan on running the ITR IM. Unless you plan on modifying your ITR IM, but I wouldn't recommend it. The only way an 02-04 TB will mess with your ECU is if the sensors are different, which they very well could be.

well i just got off the phone with inlinefour and they said all i need is the itr im and thats it. so im just going to wait for a while before i get one because i have heard so many different answers. :dontknow:

·
Central PA AMSOIL dealer
5,590 Posts
keihin Spitfire said:
well i just got off the phone with inlinefour and they said all i need is the itr im and thats it. so im just going to wait for a while before i get one because i have heard so many different answers. :dontknow:
Dude, I own a 2005. I've tried installing an ITR IM and it just won't work without a different throttle body. Read the link I attached to my first post in this thread. There are pictures and everything. Inlinefour has no clue what they're talking about.

·
Registered
163 Posts
7900rpms said:
Dude, I own a 2005. I've tried installing an ITR IM and it just won't work without a different throttle body. Read the link I attached to my first post in this thread. There are pictures and everything. Inlinefour has no clue what they're talking about.
wow i completey missed that link. That sucks, im surprised inlinefour said that. Well maybe someday ill get one. Good luck with yours.

·
Registered
292 Posts
again, dude, I have a k20z1. I have an ITR mani. I used a TB off an 05 EP3, which is the same TB as the type-s TB. Do you need pictures of it or something? The sensors' plugs are the same. It is plug in play.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
cool to know that it works. ill be installing this combo on a Z1 in the next month. I did some parts referencing and i came to the conclusion it would work. But you have confirmed this, thanks bud.

·
Central PA AMSOIL dealer
5,590 Posts
logandzwon said:
again, dude, I have a k20z1. I have an ITR mani. I used a TB off an 05 EP3, which is the same TB as the type-s TB. Do you need pictures of it or something? The sensors' plugs are the same. It is plug in play.
Si has cruise control right? How much did the TB run you? I might have to take another shot at the ITR IM.

·
CNN's smart ass 'lil bro
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
^-- Lettuce know how it goes, please!

·
Registered
292 Posts
7900rpms said:
Si has cruise control right? How much did the TB run you? I might have to take another shot at the ITR IM.
Yes the si has cruise; I had the TB from the si I put the z1 into =)

·
CNN's smart ass 'lil bro
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
So all you bought was a 02-04 PRC ITR manifold and an 02-05 Civic Si EP3 TB and it just "worked" right?

·
Central PA AMSOIL dealer
5,590 Posts
$579 for the whole TB assembly from an online Honda parts store. I'm thinking it would be cheaper to just buy the Spoon taper bored assembly and lose the cruise control.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
just find a used tb on the forums, get it bored by maxbore along w/ a port match. The rest should be plug and play.

·
Registered
866 Posts
or maybe try to go with the 05 itr IM instead of an 02-04 one since they ARE different. that way u wont have to mess with the MAP sensor being on the TB

correct me if im wrong pls...

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
JDM Honda (Japan Version) Integra Type-R (DC5) Intake Manifold for Acura RSX 2002 (K20 Motor)

how is this an "05 itr im?" This is the same 02-04 that everyone has been trying to put on their 05-06 which is impossible unless you buy the corresponding tb ;) this im will bolt to the head but the sensors in the tb are in different locations.

·
Registered
866 Posts
BW787 said:
JDM Honda (Japan Version) Integra Type-R (DC5) Intake Manifold for Acura RSX 2002 (K20 Motor)

how is this an "05 itr im?" This is the same 02-04 that everyone has been trying to put on their 05-06 which is impossible unless you buy the corresponding tb ;) this im will bolt to the head but the sensors in the tb are in different locations.

sorry man,

i thought you wanted to know where to buy one period. lol... ill look for an 05 one cuz i need one myself!

lol

41 - 60 of 75 Posts