1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
If you want it, here it is....LINK

·
Registered
529 Posts
Why not just get a Civic Si IM? It's cheaper, bolts right up and you can use all your old junk. All it is, is a single runner setup. Designed for better upper RPM breathing. You won't benifit from it unless you can rev your motor past redline into the 8k on the tach (EP3 Hondata program) otherwise you'll just be making the same power as you were before with less torque cause they're both rated at 160 HP stock but base RSX has more low end torque cause of it's dual runner IM.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
nope won't bolt on, niether with will a type s, corso tried an aftermarket type-s one before didn't fit... plus it would mess ecu up/dual runners...

D

·
It's は時間行く!!!
59 Posts
D Fabulous said:
nope won't bolt on, niether with will a type s, corso tried an aftermarket type-s one before didn't fit... plus it would mess ecu up/dual runners...
Guess this clarifies that niether IM will bolt up for the base. It may take a few months maybe years before anything worth getting (engine wise) comes out for the base.

·
It's は時間行く!!!
59 Posts
Doah!!! It's the IM ITSELF that won't fit unless you have the TB! It just completely slipped my mind about that, thanks yeahi!:thumbsup: Doesn't the money for the IM, TB, A2 head, ECU, etc. get pretty close to buying a A2 engine in whole?

IMO I think getting all this is waaay too much money to spend for some HP, if I get all this...it better give me more than just 20 HP, but thats just me.:)

·
R.I.P Turbo'ed base auto
9,377 Posts
well not really, i dno bout the price but i would assume it would cost no more than 500 for the IM, TB and intake. I dont even see why it should cost that much. If you want to do the head swap though thats a different story. i have seen some complete heads go for as lot as 500..but they can go upward to 1k. The ecu should not be as much. If you shop around and check out the cheaper place( AKA junk yards,etc.) you can find them for cheaper.

·
Registered
294 Posts
So would it make sense to get a si IM and TB to bolt onto a base head if a person has other performance parts that would be benefited by better breathing as has been shown in the difference between intake gains in typeS and base. And also, would the car be able to function with a single runner system without ecu modification? Thanks

·
It's は時間行く!!!
59 Posts
I hope you don't mean with the base ECU, if it is then...no. With all the mentioned mods, with a base head, it would benefit more off of a Si ECU, which reads just (short IM runners) than the base ECU, reading and needing both (the long and short IM runners). Someone correct if wrong.

·
Registered
529 Posts
If your motive is to build the ultimate N/A K20A3...then a Civic Si or Type S intake manifold would be your choice running a Civic Si Hondata ECU (See sig :D ) to get the best out of it. Type S and Si manifolds are the same, except Type S has a larger TB. It'd be a lot of work, quite some $$$ and are the gains worth it??? Dunno, depends if a n/a K20A3 is worth that much to you ;)

·
Registered
294 Posts
So the base RSX would work correctly if it had a civic si intake manifold, throttle body, and ecu? How much would these pieces cost and where would best place to get them from be? Would it work with si IM, TB, and base ecu with hondata? Thanks

·
It's は時間行く!!!
59 Posts
I would try ephatch.com to see if anyone has parts to sell, if not, your gonna have to do a search on the internet.

As for the base ECU w/ Hondata...it's still won't be of any use...With the base RSX ECU + Si TB, IM your basically just bitch slapping your low-end. The Si ECU plays a major role if you want to change the TB and IM, it's because you switched your IM from a (dual) to a (single). From doing this, all your really doing is transitioning from a base RSX to a Civic Si...except w/o the balanced crank. Someone correct if wrong.

·
It's は時間行く!!!
59 Posts
If your willing to try it then, go for it. Then let us know how everything goes. Good luck! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
294 Posts
will the car run safely and efficiently with the si ecu? What am I going to lose from this setup? Won't it be worth the extra gains received from performance parts by having a single runner instead of dual?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts