Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Curious Gooner
3,717 Posts
SCREW HONG KONG!! if you wanna import a car import it from japan! thats true JDM..... yo.

p.s hong kong uses the hong kong dollar? did not know that

·
Super Moderator
10,733 Posts
I don't see how you didn't expect this. Obviously prices for vehicles that are made in the same country are gonna be cheaper.

Why are domestics so cheap here in the US? Comparatively, why are BMW's so expensive here?

Common sense :laughat:

·
ホンダインテ&#
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
acura type s is made 100% made in japan also, they just dont import the Type r have nothing to do with where it is made.

·
My RICE goes PSHHHH
66,285 Posts
I don't know where you get your information, but $188 000 HK = $24 200USD. My family lives in Hong Kong. The import tax on cars there is 100% So what ever the price tag is you double it and thats what you pay. My cousins that drive Honda Civics /Accords in Hong Kong drive Mercedes C-Class here. That's the approximate equivalent.

·
Registered
793 Posts
im pretty sure our cars are made in canada, but that really cheap. it must cost a lot to get it over here, prob not worth it

·
Registered
793 Posts
I don't know where you get your information, but $188 000 HK = $24 200USD. My family lives in Hong Kong. The import tax on cars there is 100% So what ever the price tag is you double it and thats what you pay. My cousins that drive Honda Civics /Accords in Hong Kong drive Mercedes C-Class here. That's the approximate equivalent.
I think he know what he is talking about :thumbsup:

·
Registered
16,470 Posts
I don't see how you didn't expect this. Obviously prices for vehicles that are made in the same country are gonna be cheaper.

Why are domestics so cheap here in the US? Comparatively, why are BMW's so expensive here?

Common sense :laughat:
Actually, Ive heard the BMw is more expensive.... over there.

:dontknow:

·
Im no mexican im Hawaiian
2,999 Posts
Ya this has been covered 100's of times ... While the car may be cheap its still gona cost an arm and leg to import from it to the usa even then most of the time it wont be street legal ... I know a member that brought over his csx (canadas civic si that looks like the jdm civic ) from canada when he moved to cali ... Im not sure how he did it but i dont think it cost him anything just alot of paper work to do. :dontknow:

·
Super Moderator
10,733 Posts
Actually, Ive heard the BMw is more expensive.... over there.

:dontknow:
Of course the BMW would be hella exp in Japan...

But what I've heard is, in general, most commodities in Japan costs more on average in comparison to the US just because of the higher cost of living. How much can you fit on a little island?

·
I like Golf
Turbo K24 Frank DC5
3,661 Posts
im pretty sure our cars are made in canada, but that really cheap. it must cost a lot to get it over here, prob not worth it
if you look at the Vin number, our RSXs start with a "J" witch means made in Japan, if it was a "2" it would be Canadian

·
DC_NVR4GT
343 Posts
:iamwiths:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts