Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Hondata-4
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried searching, but no luck. I was wondering if anyone on this board has this setup. I want to go with the Type-R camshafts & IM + Kpro soon, but I would like to boost it after. Or should I just got with the turbo+krpo w/o all the Type-R stuff. Please let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
489 Posts
i believe its best to go straight with the turbo kit and there should be a thread floating around about this because i read about it somewhere.

·
Registered
415 Posts
im pretty sure the Type-R stuff will work but correct me if im wrong....also if u went turbo u could pick up a CN stage 1 kit w/guardian and put the money instead of buying k-pro towards it :thumbsup:

·
Monsters of the Midway
15,107 Posts
TypeS401 said:
Tried searching, but no luck. I was wondering if anyone on this board has this setup. I want to go with the Type-R camshafts & IM + Kpro soon, but I would like to boost it after. Or should I just got with the turbo+krpo w/o all the Type-R stuff. Please let me know. Thanks.
You CAN do it but it's not worth the money or time invested to make it work.

All the money you would put towards your type R stuff you can just put towards your turbo setup to make it run more efficiently.

·
Hondata-4
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies everyone. I think that I will listen to you guys and forget about the type-r stuff. Now I just gotta save.

·
Registered
156 Posts
TypeS401 said:
Thanks for the replies everyone. I think that I will listen to you guys and forget about the type-r stuff. Now I just gotta save.
I was curious about the same issue on my RSX.

As a previous owner of a jrsc boosted 2000 civic si (B16 motor), I had attempted to install type R cams in addition to the charger.

I was quickly discouraged after my tuner shop told me it would be a horrendous waste. The R cam set up has both cams "open" at longer durations...meaning boost would just blow right through the engine from intake to exhaust ports.

I am curious if the same situation exists in the K20 with this setup

SS

1 - 8 of 8 Posts