Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend needs help on his type r spoiler. He found the instuctions on this website but hes wondering what size whole to drill because the studs are 10mm but the instructions say 8mm drill bit.

·
Old School
3,823 Posts
hotbox said:
My friend needs help on his type r spoiler. He found the instuctions on this website but hes wondering what size whole to drill because the studs are 10mm but the instructions say 8mm drill bit.
I believe the base of the bolt is 10mm but the threads are 8mm in diameter. You would use a 10mm socket to tighten it through 8mm hole. Know what I mean?

·
Kompressor
9,596 Posts
where did he pick up the spoiler from?

does anyone else think we shou ld have a sticky FAQ for TypeR spoilers?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Do we need a sticky? Theres instructions on the board already. The holes are the same as the OEM ones that we have here.

I had a prepainted type R replica from ebay. Fitment was good except for one screw so I jus drilled that hole a little bit bigger and off center. I had washers so it didnt effect too much that the hole was bigger than 8mm

·
Registered
271 Posts
hotbox said:
By friend he means himself.
If the studs are 10mm I would start with a 10mm hole and bore it out if necessary

1 - 5 of 5 Posts