Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for all of those who have the type R spoiler, and other who know info about it. i just went to the acura dealer to test drive the new tl (bad ass), and i asked the guy how much the underbody kit would cost. ($1450) anyways, i asked him about the spoiler cause i really think it looks nice, and i am debating wheather or not to get one , or just keep my normal stock one. and so i asked him how much, he said 500-600. i know they're cheaper Type R spoilers. BUT!! he said the after market type R spoilers suck and they're not good. it'll get crooked and mess up the car some how. is this true? or he just trying to get money off me? thanks in advance!

-van-

·
Sold My baby!! :(
1,441 Posts
I have a replica on mine. The quality is not that great, but if the person sho paints it spends a lot of time prepping it it can look and perform just as good as the factory ones. I actually got mine for free. I was paying like 150 for it, but when it got here it one of the edges had a chip out of it. They told me to send it back. I didn't feel like sending it back, so I just had my friend fix it and It looked perfect! They never charged me for the spoiler. I don't normally do dishonest things like this, but if the spoiler would have been perfect I would have told the company that they didn't charge me for it. Sorry for the rambling!

·
Registered
184 Posts
You should've asked if he had one himself or to give you some examples. IMO he is full of sh*t. I've had two (one got damaged by accident) but they have both been fine. Goto spoilerdepot.com and check out there prices. I bought from them off eBay for $147 + shipping and thats painted! Just make sure you have someone install who knows what they are doing and you'll be fine. How the hell is a spoiler gonna get crooked and mess up your car? That dealer was an idiot. :rolleyes:

·
Royale with cheese.
2,140 Posts
yeah car salesmen arent exactly the most honest people and they will always hustle you for more cash.

·
Registered
331 Posts
The aftermarket ones are ok..depending on who is making it, painting it, and putting it on. The real Type R ones are solid...mine even feels like it is part of the paneling...very sturdy and looks great! I still wouldn't trust the sells guy regardless...shop around ...see what you can come up with.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WhoMikem said:
Oh yea...and spoilerdepot is a high volume seller and they have the same spoilers as OEM's.

so they're spoilers are OEM quality ? or exactly OEM?

thanks for all the help guys. you guys rock :beerchug:

oh ya, opinions! i have the normal short OEM spoiler. would that look good with the OEM kit? i've only seen the kit with a Type R wing. maybe i'll go for a different look :dontknow: but they look nice regaurdless.

·
Registered
16,456 Posts
you can look at my spoiler when I do your lights, I think its pretty good for the price, $190 painted and shipped.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts