Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Bot - I purchased a TypeR replica spoiler off eBay from a Canadian dealer. They assured me the holes matched OEM perfectly. I had the OEM spoiler but wanted to upgrade so I bought it. When it arrived I quickly pulled my OEM, but when I lined up the TypeR it was almost 5/8 inch narrower than the existing holes. That was just too much to stretch and make it fit. The paint would have cracked.

So I put the OEM back on and a month later I bought another TypeR replica from SpoilerDepot. Unfortunately - same thing, so I finally bit the bullet and (after careful measurements) drilled another set of holes just inside the OEM ones that fit the TypeR. We're talking betwee 1/4" - 3/8" on each side is all, but it's nerve-racking to take a drill to your shiny metal baby! The spoiler uprights cover the holes so it's no big deal, but I was miffed I had to do it after getting assurance from everyone they'd line up.

All I can say is Caveat Emptor, baby! Be prepared to adjust it a little for perfect fit and that may include drilling!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought the same replica from the same canadian, my white RSX doesnt have a wing at all so i have to drill through virgin metal hopefully its a good thing but i was wondering if you have any pics? I just got the wing and it looks and feels like its pretty good quality, i just hope it fits well.

·
Registered
456 Posts
i was wondering wat do u need to do to the oem holes that are existing there? no need to weld? cover ups? is rust an issue?

·
Banned
16,523 Posts
rust would be an issue.

what me and TypeSJay did with mine is, we taped around the hole so it looked like a small square around the hole. From there he just sprayed some black rust proff spraypaint on the inside so it wouldnt rust.

Very good question. I hightly suggest spraying a little bit of paint on the exposed metal so it wont rust.:thumbsup:

·
DC5spd
1,015 Posts
whats the site for the canadian guy?
i wanna buy one and the only i saw is the spoilerdirect or something and they are located at FL.

you guyz had a good experience with the canadian guy right?

·
Huh?
1,738 Posts
RSX driva said:
whats the site for the canadian guy?
i wanna buy one and the only i saw is the spoilerdirect or something and they are located at FL.
You are talking about spoilerdepot and they're full of shit, if you want more info, just search the forums for spoilerdepot.. if you want a REAL replica type-r spoiler, keep searching :blah:

·
Banned
2,724 Posts
Type R wing

ANyone purchase a wing from SpoilersTO.com?

just wondering if anyone knows the color code of the desert silver?

from them:
Hi, The spoiler in primer is 225 CDN, or 325 painted. Shipping to you is
85 CDN. So the total cost painted & shipped is about 305 USD.

IS THAT GOOD?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts