Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed on everyday driving, and freeway driving, ever since i got that wing, i find people of every kind of cars trying to frequently race me. If anyone else feels this way, put in your input. Just thought i should ask, aight then guys, laterz
 

·
Honda4Ever
Joined
·
7,580 Posts
The cars stock oem wing or even no wing people don't seem to look at you as much.

Slap a type-r wing on or another kind of wing or different attention grabbing body kit and you get the attention. Sometimes its unwanted but its usually head turning which is always good! Just bought the wing myself, waiting for it to come in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
722 Posts
RE:

I agree. I don't think the car is that noticeable without a wing. The Type R wing certainly attracts more attention...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,512 Posts
Hell yes the Type-R wing attracts more attention. Maybe even from cops? :nervous:

HardWired, adding that spoiler will add about an extra 6 lbs. to your car (assuming you bought the replica one). That might add an extra .05 sec. to your 1/8 mi. run. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
662 Posts
pnoiboldstar said:
I noticed on everyday driving, and freeway driving, ever since i got that wing, i find people of every kind of cars trying to frequently race me. If anyone else feels this way, put in your input. Just thought i should ask, aight then guys, laterz
My car's *bone stock* and people try to race me all the time :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,512 Posts
HardWired: Well you said you're getting intake and exhaust work after your major expenses are paid in full, right? That'll more than compensate for the extra weight the wing will add. :thumbsup:

b0mbrman: You seem upset that people try to race you all the time, even though your car is bone stock. No one's forcing you to race. In fact, you shouldn't be street racing to begin with. :shakehea:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
beowulf7 said:
b0mbrman: You seem upset that people try to race you all the time, even though your car is bone stock. No one's forcing you to race. In fact, you shouldn't be street racing to begin with. :shakehea:

he said "people TRY to race him all the time." not "i race people all the time." aniwaiz yea, it seems like there are more people trying to race me nowadays, like today. K. laterz
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,512 Posts
pnoi, OK, I noticed he said "try", but what's the big deal w/ that? If they want to smoke you at a t-light and you don't want to oblige, then so be it.

If someone is driving parallel to you on a highway and motions to you (urges you on), then you either do it (which is a :shakehea: ) or calmly signal to go behind him and let him fly away while you stick to your comfortable cruising speed. :dontknow:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
beowulf7 said:
pnoi, OK, I noticed he said "try", but what's the big deal w/ that? If they want to smoke you at a t-light and you don't want to oblige, then so be it.

If someone is driving parallel to you on a highway and motions to you (urges you on), then you either do it (which is a :shakehea: ) or calmly signal to go behind him and let him fly away while you stick to your comfortable cruising speed. :dontknow:

yes... yes.. i already know that :rolleyes:
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=641576#post641576

past instance
 

·
Tarmac meister
Joined
·
5,640 Posts
any car with a huge wing deserves to be the subject of a good challenge. after all, the ITR wing does attract alot of attentions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
662 Posts
beowulf7 said:
b0mbrman: You seem upset that people try to race you all the time, even though your car is bone stock. No one's forcing you to race. In fact, you shouldn't be street racing to begin with. :shakehea:
When have I ever street-raced? People rev on me, I give them a :thumbsup: and let them speed on ahead :)

I do my speeding alone on twisty mountain roads...and not to be an ass or anything, but when a Civic or Camry revs on me, I really don't have a lot to prove :confused:
 

·
Extremely Over the Top
Joined
·
509 Posts
Re: Re: Type R wing attracts racing

b0mbrman said:
My car's *bone stock* and people try to race me all the time :(

yeah, i don't need any more idiots trying to screw with me.

save it for the track. my wing is the low rider stock type.
 

·
Future C.F.O.
Joined
·
2,271 Posts
Funny.

I have a bodykit on, with a OEM wing. And I also have a mufller on. Hardly anyone tries to race me. Maybe cuz i have no rims, or the S sign? Maybe it's cuz i live in a Hick town. lol

No that I would win for shit cuz i have a auto, but hell. It'll be fun to see him launch.
 
G

·
all kinds of cars rev at me and try to test me a lot. i guess b/c i stand out...wings west mz spoiler and white 5zigen rims.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,388 Posts
beowulf7 said:
Hell yes the Type-R wing attracts more attention. Maybe even from cops? :nervous:

HardWired, adding that spoiler will add about an extra 6 lbs. to your car (assuming you bought the replica one). That might add an extra .05 sec. to your 1/8 mi. run. ;)
It wont add time to your 1/8 th if you don't eat any hamburgs for a week:p or wear light weight boots;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,512 Posts
Better yet, drain the fuel tank and most other tanks (wiper fluid, oil, etc.) to the bare minimum necessary to race and drive back home. :laughing:

Also, gut the rear seats, jettison the spare tire, and dump the subwoofer(s). ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,088 Posts
the best was when this beat up piece of shit isuzu amigo tried to race me.... burned him with my auto rsx. hehehe =)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,512 Posts
Hell, a 5-year old kid on a tricycle can burn a PoS Isuzu Amigo. :laughing:
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top