Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm driving around with my girl and her roommate and I point out an RSX S with a type R wing on the back. I'll tell her I plan on getting that wing once i get back home. she and her roommate blurt out that its looks like crap and its "white trash." anyone else get comments like this? i still like the type R wing but maybe it is a bit gaudy? :dontknow:

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
never ever take advise from a girl...95% of them don't know shit about cars especially style wise. i bet they were trying to say that it was rice, and didn't know how to say it, so they said white trash.

i've known girls who couldn't tell the difference between a Ferrari and a Lamborghini

if you like the wind then get it. if your gf still tells you its ugly tell her to shut the f up. its your car not hers. if she doesn't like it then she shouldn't ride in it.

·
Registered
8,854 Posts
mt rsx said:
never ever take advise from a girl...95% of them don't know shit about cars especially style wise. i bet they were trying to say that it was rice, and didn't know how to say it, so they said white trash.

i've known girls who couldn't tell the difference between a Ferrari and a Lamborghini

if you like the wind then get it. if your gf still tells you its ugly tell her to shut the f up. its your car not hers. if she doesn't like it then she shouldn't ride in it.
:iamwiths:

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Eh, some like it, some don't. I do, and I have it. My co-worker thinks it looks like a shopping cart handle ..

But I just point out his Dodge Spirit with rusted body and he shuts up..

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Scud said:
Eh, some like it, some don't. I do, and I have it. My co-worker thinks it looks like a shopping cart handle ..

But I just point out his Dodge Spirit with rusted body and he shuts up..
hahahaha hilarious :laughing:

·
Registered
59 Posts
the type-r wing is pretty cool and i like it.... but EVERYBODY has got it, i wana be different... what other wings do you guys reccomend??

·
Registered
296 Posts
I don't think it's too gaudy, I like it. Took me a bit to get used to but now I love it. I don't see a lot of RSX's around me with it most have the OEM spoiler so it stands out and it's unique.

~Jennifer

·
Master of Auto Talk
1,260 Posts
silv3rsx said:
yea people think its really played out but not too many rsx i see have them
Yeah, i've heard the same. Some people think it's played out when you're at an RSX meet, but thats because most people like it so they have it. What about the other 99.5% of the time driving around when your not at a meet. I think it looks real good especially when driving around your town when no one is used to seeing them

·
Unlucky
726 Posts
I've had a Type R wing on my car for a while, but recently I've been thinking it looks kinda extreme and draws more attention that I want. (still in college til May) I still like the way it looks but I'm going to switch to an OEM wing soon.

The only times I've ever seen another RSX with one was at a meet. But that's probably because I just don't see many RSX's around here at all.

XStremeR, I love your sig. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
I love the Type R wing. I'd put one on if i wasnt almost sure my dad would freak the hell out if he saw that on my car...

I mean jeeze you buy your kid a sporty car and you expect me to stick with oem wings? nuh uh...:laughing:

In the future...Type R wing!!!

·
PEBCAK
547 Posts
the type r wing looks nice on our car. i really like it too. go for it!

only thing you have to worry about is if you are in a garage. the wing is high enough that if the garage door is low, you may hit the door when you open the hatch.

·
28,750 Posts
kvector said:
I've had a Type R wing on my car for a while, but recently I've been thinking it looks kinda extreme and draws more attention that I want. (still in college til May) I still like the way it looks but I'm going to switch to an OEM wing soon.

The only times I've ever seen another RSX with one was at a meet. But that's probably because I just don't see many RSX's around here at all.

XStremeR, I love your sig. :thumbsup:
NO! NO OEM!! Its ugly!

Usedtodriveatahoe - Why do you want the JDM? Its heavier, and more expensive.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Do what makes YOU happy. Most girls are idiots (not all). My wife gives me that same crap. I told her I was getting one. She said it would look horrible. I bought one anyway. It makes me smile.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
OEM is far from ugly, those GT wings are ugly.. but I'd rather go without then with OEM ;)

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Silver Mule said:
I told her I was getting one. She said it would look horrible. I bought one anyway. It makes me smile.
The wing or defying the woman? :laughing:

1 - 20 of 62 Posts