Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
PEBCAK
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

First post. I am gonna get a rsx-s next week. dealer has the arctic blue and black one sitting on the lot. going in on monday to sign the papers for the blue one. can't wait!!!

just some questions. i am thinking of getting the type-r wing from the dealer (Cdn$500). will this look weird if i do not have a body kit on? i don't want to get the kit nor lower my car yet because its the dead of winter. if i do get the kit, its gonna be the oem kit.

can't wait!!!

·
dude..wheres my car
16,177 Posts
get the wing...even tho u wont have a kit it'll still look good as long as u black out those headlights and red out those tails

·
Registered
195 Posts
i think it'll still look good ...the type-r kit would be better with it though

·
EH EH EH EH EH EH EH EH
8,170 Posts
yes... no wing if you don't have a kit!

wing w/o kit .... that is just WRONG!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Get the wing, but don't get them from the dealership. I bought my Type-R wing painted from some guy in Ottawa(trimking1 on ebay) for 260 CDN shipped to my house, 240CDN less then what the dealership is charging you. Took me a little over 1 hour to install.

·
PEBCAK
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wow... lots of different ideas. cool. yeah, i want to get the type-r kit once spring hits. the thing is that i can most prob get very good discounts from the dealership if i get everything now.

thanks for all the info!

·
Registered
311 Posts
personally, I think the wing alone looks outta place. It's so tall it needs the rest of the body kit to "even it out". Hope that makes sense.

·
Registered
6,339 Posts
you know I love it Stumpy!

I actually don't mind the Type R spoiler with nothing else...well the only RSX here that has it is a Silver Type-S that has the gunmetal rims along with it...so that actually looks really nice.

I'd do some DIY headlights and redded-out tails at least if I got just the spoiler

·
Asian dude
3,145 Posts
Personally, I think the the wing without the kit looks off. The wing sits too high. It makes the body look skinny. If there were a kit to make the car look beefy then the wing would add to the look instead of clashing with the car without it.

6,327 Posts
No kit w/ a Type R wing is fine,especially in a Type S model where the sideskirts are color matched,if you really like the wing might as well get it,coz ur going to get them anyway sooner or later,black out your headlights and if you could at least lower'em:thumbsup:

·
No More RSX
2,630 Posts
pinkrsxdiva said:
question about the wing. when driving the car...is it a bitch to see out the back window w/ the type R wing???
Well... it does block your view a little... and it also depends on your drop angle.. mine is sorta bad.. cause I have the backend lower than the front... so it brings the wing down even more.. I just can never see peoples faces behind me...

1 - 20 of 67 Posts