Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wanted to fix my blown dcrh flexpipe. what are the spec sizing/diameter i need to know before ordering them online or ebay? thanks

5,021 Posts
it is probably a good idea to also upgrade his motor mounts to dampen engine movement that can stress a race header's structural integrity if he hasn't already.

·
Bańned
12,108 Posts
aren't you just better off fabbing up a 2.5' solid steel pipe there? instead of another flex pipe?
nope. the actual header will crack if you do that. its called a flex pipe to allow flex. even with mounts there is still vibration from the engine to exhaust. without that flex the pipe will just crack faster
i was thinking that too.

i'm using stock mounts. only have the ingalls TD.
a td doesnt do anything to help prevent cracking of the flex pipe. you need inserts or full mounts

·
Special Olympics Winner
3,031 Posts
get inserts they make all the diffrence TD is garbage imo

·
Bańned
12,108 Posts
get inserts they make all the diffrence TD is garbage imo
nope. the actual header will crack if you do that. its called a flex pipe to allow flex. even with mounts there is still vibration from the engine to exhaust. without that flex the pipe will just crack faster

a td doesnt do anything to help prevent cracking of the flex pipe. you need inserts or full mounts
:squinty:

·
Mad Scientist
1,356 Posts
Get inserts, if not full mounts. Should have done that in the first place. Just did my esm/dcrh install, loving it.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
is it even worth to buy a new flexpipe and weld it? getting insert if planning to weld that crap with new flex then. thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts