Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
OWNED!!!
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can a cat back exhaust with a high flow cat be modded to fit a base motor? Has anyone done it? Reply ASAP. thanks

·
OWNED!!!
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A Type S header will bolt right to a base motor

Salt! HAHA

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
What is goin on here? What about salt? Somebody a pizza hut delivary guy or something? "God Damn Street Racers"

·
Need Sleep
3,523 Posts
If I get a Type S header, do I need the Type S cat in order to fit a exhaust for the S or will the header itself be short enough to do the trick?

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
A Type-S exhaust on a base should help things flow a little better. Incase anyone is interested I've got a full Type-S header and cat for sale!

·
R.I.P Turbo'ed base auto
9,377 Posts
C25A1guy said:
If I get a Type S header, do I need the Type S cat in order to fit a exhaust for the S or will the header itself be short enough to do the trick?

Yes i have it done, best thing to do is get type-s header type-s down pipe, type-s cat or carsound cat, type-s exhaust.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
U need type s catalyst, trust me. I'm the first to do the full exhaust swap. Base and s have completely different diamters.

·
reppin 671
1,218 Posts
my friend has a the piping all the way to the catalytic.. do i need to buy a type s header and catalytic in order for it to fit my base? how much good will this swap be?

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
kur029 said:
my friend has a the piping all the way to the catalytic.. do i need to buy a type s header and catalytic in order for it to fit my base? how much good will this swap be?
if you are saying he has a cat-back, then yes will you need a type-s header and a downpipe.

·
reppin 671
1,218 Posts
so i need the downpipe and catalytic right.. sorry for the newb stuff trying to learn ;) how much of a benifit will this swap be? my friend is willing to sell my his cat-back so i need to know what else i would need. how much for the rest of the stuff

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
kur029 said:
so i need the downpipe and catalytic right.. sorry for the newb stuff trying to learn ;) how much of a benifit will this swap be? my friend is willing to sell my his cat-back so i need to know what else i would need. how much for the rest of the stuff
you need the type-s header and the downpipe that has the cat in it. You should gain some good HP with the swap. If you are interesting in purchasing the Type-S header and downpipe from me PM me.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Catalyst about 150 ad OEM headers about 60 you will ave more low end torque, HP gains not sure that much. There's a Half an inc difference all around wich was as much as my HKS, so I uess u could expect atleast 8hp with complete swap from headers
Maybe

·
Registered
296 Posts
I just completed my swap on the exhaust system.

I have the stock type s header and cat on along with the 5Zigen Fireball Cat-back, it's seems to be a lot faster and have more tourque since the swap.

To me it was a well worth mod. to do.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Guys to bolt a type s exhaust on a base, all you have to do is buy an adapter pipe from discount tire direct for $60 shipped. I did it to my 5 speed.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts