Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
R.I.P Turbo'ed base auto
9,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here is the problem with the whole type-s exhaust on a base rsx, today i went to have it put on and it looks to be that the piping size from the borla is not the same as the piping size on the stock base cat, seems to be that acura gave the type-s a bigger piping size for more free flowing air....sob's! But on a good note, the type-s exhaust fit the aftermarkter carsound catalytic converter perfectly and that is already welded to the type-s b-pipe, so im going to give it another try tomorrow with the type-s header and using the rest...now it should all bolt up properly! My only problem is what happens when cybernation goes to do my turbo and realizes that i have a type-s exhaust set up on my base.

·
R.I.P Turbo'ed base auto
9,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think thats only for one exhaust, But now i dno what to do because yea i can put it all in perfectly, but what happens when i go to get my turbo done and they notice i have type-s parts and also that my cat is welded to the b-pipe (stock "down-pipe")

·
Registered
529 Posts
If you wanna go turbo than the Type S setup will be a waste of your money and time. Just get a cat-back for now if you already don't have one and leave it at that. Then get Turbo and be happy. Cause they or you will have to yank all that shit off again (Type S manifold and downpipe)

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Hey yeahi, so what do I have to get for a perfect swap? A type-s exhaust and a type-s header as well? And do I need a type-s b-pipe in order to have carsound cat welde in? I can't just welde it to the stock base?

·
R.I.P Turbo'ed base auto
9,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you need a type-s header, type-s downpipe, type-s cat and a type-s exhaust for a perfect swap, basically a full exhaust set-up from a type-s. The carsound cat i dont know if they have them for base rsx's but by the looks of this one, you would need a type-s exhaust to fit in because of the bigger diamiter pipe. Once i jack up the car again i'll take some pics to show you what i mean.

·
R.I.P Turbo'ed base auto
9,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea will take a lot of pics 2morrow of what im talking about. Its not a matter of length, its a matter of the diameter of the piping. The type-s exhaust set-up was designed for more air flow so the tubing is bigger on the type-s than on the base rsx.

·
Registered
529 Posts
You wouldn't really be screwed, you don't have to unweld either. Just hack it off and reweld it back onto your turbo setup. Most muffler shops have plasma cutters, takes like 5-10 seconds to cut it off completely from your exhaust. And like a minute or two to weld it back onto your turbo setup.

·
R.I.P Turbo'ed base auto
9,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ahh in like an hour or 2 im heading over to my friends shop. I'm just going to try to put in all the type-s parts which should work. Hopefully i dont get any CEL lights or anything. I'll take some pics to show the difference in the type-s and non type-s stuff.

·
Registered
880 Posts
good news! if you can, before you take off your stock base cat and header. can you take off the stock cat-back and try to fit your borla catback and take the photo of how long it is missing?

Then probably please take a photo on the diameter difference side by side with a stock base cat and your borla?

That will be great help for fellow base owners! :thumbsup:

·
I don't know you
16,615 Posts
just to clarify, the S bpipe will not bolt up to the base cat? cuz i have the S bpipe and muffler and was hoping to bolt it up to the cat on my base

1 - 20 of 27 Posts