Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So my 2002 Type S acts weird, so theirs time when on a cold start I let the engine heat up for 30 secs before driving. So I hit the clutch give it gas and the engine sounds super strong. Then their are times that instead ion it sounding strong when I'm about to take off and hit the clutch then gas but the engine feels super sluggish and I almost have to hold the clutch all the way down to get it to go otherwise it feels like its going to shut off, the throttle feels almost spongy like. Then when it's working fine I barely have to even press the clutch and the car takes off. When it's acting up and I have to give it more gas and hold the clutch further down and when that happens my whole dashboard vibrates like my car is going to fall apart. It's like if I don't drive my car for 1 day it takes off strong, but if thats not the case it feels sluggish. Any suggestions? Is it the clucth> Car has 138,000 miles , bought it when it had 132,000 and I haven't done anything to the clutch. Could it be the IACV? Just recently my Main Requird light flashes for 5 sec after all the other warning lights have stoped flashing when turning on my car. Any help guys would be great.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts