Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· riiiiiiight
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if I could take the k-pro out of my car...plug it into my gf's ep3, load a map for the ep3 and run around town...just curious if there is any difference in the ecu's themselves or if it is just the programming...obviously the immobilizer would have to be disabled...

· Registered
5,292 Posts
The Type S has a PRC ECU and the EP3 has a PNF ECU, I think. They're not compatible.

· riiiiiiight
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glimpse said:
The Type S has a PRC ECU and the EP3 has a PNF ECU, I think. They're not compatible.
alright cool...all I needed to know...pretty much wanted to know if I could "test drive" the hondata flash for the EP3 by loading it onto the k-pro before I spent the money on buying it for my gf's SI...

· Registered
5,292 Posts
Spunkster said:
This is Incorrect...The Type S has a PRB ecu.

And yes you can do this, but the immobilizer will not work in the other car, so you cannot swap ecu's unless yo have the dealer reprogram the immobilzer.
Right, PRB. I had ITR on the brain.

Anyway, you can't do it anyway. The K20A3 is an entirely different beast than the K20A2 and their computers are likewise.

· Vendor
935 Posts
Nossy said:
alright cool...all I needed to know...pretty much wanted to know if I could "test drive" the hondata flash for the EP3 by loading it onto the k-pro before I spent the money on buying it for my gf's SI...
Yes, you can do this easily.

Load in the EP3 program, disable the immobiliser and go.

The only difference we have found so far in the computers is that the PRB
ECU has a reverse lockout and the PNF does not.

· ECU Tuner
3,588 Posts
Hondata said:

1) The above statement and the table on your website seem to indicate that except for some minor differences (such as the reverse lockout), the ECUs for all US market RSX base (manual shift only), RSX Type-S and Civic Si are interchangeable as long as they have been modified to K-Pro status and loaded with the proper calibrations.

2) The table says "suitable." Are there other caveats when considering installing a non-native ECU?

· riiiiiiight
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hondata said:

cool that's what I figured I would have to do...thanks for the answer doug, or derek, or whomever answered...

· Vendor
935 Posts
conradb212 said:
2) The table says "suitable." Are there other caveats when considering installing a non-native ECU?

The differences we have found are:
PRB (RSX -S) has reverse lockout for the 6 speed. The others do not.
PND (RSX Base Manual) has intake runner control
PPA (CRV Manual) has intake runner control
PNF has neither intake runner control nor reverse lockout.

There may be other differences we have not found, but it would seem a program runs the same in all these ECUs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.