Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend is putting a type s motor in his 03 si hatch, he will have a cai, no cat, n1 exhaust. do you guys think he will take me look at my mod list. Thanks

·
Auto-X'd EP3
124 Posts
drivers race, if anything i would say you would win because you have a full race header and motor mounts and are lighter then the ep stock for stock. but you do have that audio stuff so who knows. close close drivers race/how the other car is setup race. could have lighter wheels etc. Also if he doesnt have the 6 speed you will own him

·
REV HIGH DRIVE HAPPY
9,290 Posts
drivers race, if anything i would say you would win because you have a full race header and motor mounts and are lighter then the ep stock for stock. but you do have that audio stuff so who knows. close close drivers race/how the other car is setup race. could have lighter wheels etc. Also if he doesnt have the 6 speed you will own him
rsx weighs about 200 more than the si

·
Soup to nuts
7,175 Posts
Haha, i just started cracking up hysterical at your sig.

·
tq is nice
2,881 Posts
i got that swap....really...its not faster than a type-s...its now on just a level playing field....i'd say its a driver's race....mine on the other hand...is not a stock swap :D

·
tq is nice
2,881 Posts
for $1600 more? no way....i saved that money and got kpro and cams/valve train... i can smoke a k20a...but i see ur point..thats a SICK motor....im just not sure if im gonn stay all motor...i bought the motor thinkin i was gonna boost it, but then i got a sick deal on cams/valve train...

·
Registered
95,893 Posts
Sounds like your friend is making himself a Euro Civic Type-R, nice. It may be a drivers race, but I'd give the Civic Si the edge. If the tires are smaller on Si, then his gearing will be better, but if you have the better header, then you'd be at the advantage. Drivers race and mods will be what matters, really.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.