Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
"Some" Type S people who think they're almighty...

Hi everyone...I know most of you who post in this section are Base owners, whether your auto or manual it doesn't mater, you still could benifit out of this post.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't despise all Type S owners and I want to first make that very clear I happen to know a few and they're very nice, so I can't justify this for all Type S owners but for some of them I can especailly two of them...if you read my attatched link, you'll find out who they are.

So this person is selling a kit in which you can fully remove your rear wiper and cover the hole in your glass for $15, it's all Honda parts that's from the 92-95 Civic Hatchbacks.

Well this weekend me and my fiance' came up with our own way of doing this for only $3 and I thought I'd give other members on ClubRSX another alternative method to doing this mod. and also saivng themselves some money.

So this "person" who drives a type S might I add had some rather choice comments to make.

To make matters worse he couldn't even deal with this himself, he had to have is friend or whatever he chooses to call him...no pun intended....had to defend him and also put his two cents in.

I've had no bad expierences with anyone on this board, the people on ClubRSX are wonderful people and love to help eachother out...but has anyone else had trouble dealing with Type S people and thier egos?

I want to say to everyone also, let us not forget, no mater what we drive and how fast it may be or may not be, your not better than anyone else and have no right to say that your better than them or act in that mannor.

This is a board for everyone to learn about thier rides and get ideas, not bash and act like a** holes because thier cars ""better"" because theyr'e a Type S.

Has anyone else had to deal with this problem? If so feel free to make a brief comment about your expierences becasue right now I'm pretty pi**ed at them and thier ignorance.

Below is my link to the DIY thread that they decided to put their comments in:

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=131224&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

·
Korican
874 Posts
I see what you mean. Truth is that after you have been somewhere for a while, some things kinda get old. I think that they did not mean to be that way towards you. Not saying that your thread is old or anything. I noticed this in myself on ephatch. I used to be very nice to everyone, always trying to help others and stuff like that. Now I find my self being quick to flame and tend to look down on others. I don't think it is a Type-S thing. Just a thing in general. Does this make any sense.

The other day I got on to someone who was going to design his own intake. I called it ghetto, and basically told him he was stupid. Why ghetto rig your own, when you can atleast buy a SRI. Save you time, and you wouldn't have that ricer look. I feel pretty bad about it now.

·
I support Death Panels
8,112 Posts
I think Type S owners just act almighty because we are generally better, smarter, and prettier than base owners.

:D

·
Korican
874 Posts
4thGenTeg said:
I think Type S owners just act almighty because we are generally better, smarter, and prettier than base owners.
:D
Hahahaha :laughing: That would help explain so much.

·
Remember
1,929 Posts
I just read the attached post and the argument had nothing to do with Type S vs. Base until this comment was made by a non Type S owner.

HondaDC5 states:

But Of Course you would say that you live in arizona and drive a type s. Here as an idea QUIT SNORTING SAND AND GET A LIFE, btw DUCT (not duck like quack quack) TAPE IS WHAT THEY USE TO HOLD YOUR ENGINE IN.

Sounds like your fiance has some issues :D

And I'm not siding with the Type S crowd either. If I was going to attempt the mod in the other post, I would research both options first and decide for myself which one I'd prefer. And I would not be swayed either way by what car everyone drives... who cares right? I'm also not saying that the comments made by rsxtc338 were appropriate, but he does have a right to state his opinion. It wasn't a Type S driver that started the Base vs. Type S argument, it was a preconceived and often incorrect owner stereotype made by HondaDC5.

·
Remember
1,929 Posts
Let me add... I look at post from the newest post section, so I read a lot of both base and type s threads, and 90% of the bashing threads start out like this one... in the base forum. And you can think I have a "Type S ego" if you want, but if you do a search under my name, you will see that I often defend the base owners when these threads break out.

·
I don't know you
16,615 Posts
i dont think its a S thing, i think hes just pissed cuz u may have deterred some of his customers. dont worry about it.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I see what your saying and I do agree with you all in a way, I'm just a little upset at how my DIY post that was supposed to be an imformative post to help people turned into a bad thing for all the wrong reasons.

Mabye next time I won't post any advice to save myself the trouble in the end....:dontknow:

·
Honda4Ever
7,580 Posts
Type-S vs. Base...base owners it is starting to seem and keep in mind I don't mean all are starting the "its because I drive a base you're putting me down" thing.

Sound familiar?

This past weekend I went to Sahara with my sister, my parents and friends for my sisters 21st birthday. We reserved one of the few couch rooms they have for champagne and hanging away from the loud music. Fully accessible by the public but we had the room reserved. Well this group walks in and the bouncer says sorry this room is reserved. The woman (white) pops up with "What? Is it because my boyfriend is black?"

Ok lets analyze this. Room reserved, no one can get in but myself and my group, yet this bitch makes this a black on white thing. WTF???

Sound familiar?

Stop making it about base vs. S and realize they flamed because they didn't like the idea. Period.

YOU brought up the Type-S, YOU made this about what people drive. Nuff said.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Fair enough...I'm not making anymore comments about it.

I'm entitled just like everyone else on this boad to have my own mind, thoughts.

I said what I had to say and now I'm done...period.

This disscusion is in the hands of others now who choose to post on it and make comments.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Just finished reading the thread...

First of all, thanks for the DIY info - I'm sure it'll come in useful for people who are trying to yank their rear wiper.

As others have said though, the criticism of your DIY mod had nothing to do with the fact that you drive a base. The type-s owner probably just sensed some competition from your DIY mod and felt the need to justify the $15 cost of his kit. There was no mention of base or type-s until you brought it up.

Anyway, I think this whole thing has already been blown out of proportion. Once again, thanks for the DIY info :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Wow - So many comments!

" all presented in MY OPINION"

- Post counts do not make you god. They just mean that you more than likley have alot more free time than most. If you cut away the post counts of whoring and single smiley post, we would probably be left with very few 'thousand + ' post members. (Of course, that would never happen, because that is what makes this board fun!) Just dont use your post count to tell me you are better than someone else.

- I am surprised that this board is allowing him to Sell / Advertise his wiper shaving kit on this board. It is a great idea, and a very quality method that I am happy to have available to me. But.. he should be very happy about this, and should be carefull about flaming people for sharing other similar ideas, because you are already given free advertising. If you step on other peoples toes to make this happen and begin offending other members, then you may risk loosing this oportunity. Let your customers decide what they want. If you make a better quality product, with fair price, it will still sell!

- Loose the entire Type-S vs Base debate. That was a big off topic change. Stay and fight your battle on the spot and stick up for yourself on the thread it started on. This had nothing to do with Type-S vs. base. You were winning the battle in my eyes, until you ran away and changed the fight!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Not ANOTHER base vs. Type S thread. ARGH.

If you WANT this forum to be about finding out new information about 'your ride' then DO IT. ASK QUESTIONS. RESEARCH. DON'T post useless garbage threads that bring up anew what you're trying to 'stop.'

·
Korican
874 Posts
James S said:
Not ANOTHER base vs. Type S thread. ARGH.

If you WANT this forum to be about finding out new information about 'your ride' then DO IT. ASK QUESTIONS. RESEARCH. DON'T post useless garbage threads that bring up anew what you're trying to 'stop.'
She was not trying to start one of those threads. Did you even read the thread, and the link?

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Chickens Better!

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Chickens Better!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Mmmm chicken, maybe fried chicken from Popeyes? Oh and spicy of course. Mmmmm, fried spicy chicken from Popeyes. What was this post about again?

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.