Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a NBP Base 5spd and I am going to trade it in this summer. I am curious what the best bang for my buck would be. The cars im looking at are

RSX Type S
350z
WRX

I can afford all of them I just dont want to buy a car and then later on be regretting it and wish I bought something else.

·
Registered
81 Posts
jimmerjammer said:
I have a NBP Base 5spd and I am going to trade it in this summer. I am curious what the best bang for my buck would be. The cars im looking at are

RSX Type S
350z
WRX

I can afford all of them I just dont want to buy a car and then later on be regretting it and wish I bought something else.
id go for the z

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya thats what I was leaning towards. By chance does anyone know how much it would cost to trade it in? My car is a 04' RSX manual and has only 1k miles on it. My dad got it for me but I am not to impressed and want something different.

·
Registered Loser
2,094 Posts
jimmerjammer said:
ya thats what I was leaning towards. By chance does anyone know how much it would cost to trade it in? My car is a 04' RSX manual and has only 1k miles on it. My dad got it for me but I am not to impressed and want something different.
Nice to see that your such a grateful young man, and appreciate everything your dad has done for you! :)

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
jimmerjammer said:
:rolleyes: Be thankful you spoiled lil bitch...

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
oh shut up u all.

so he doesn't lke his base. what's wrong with him trading it in and getting a better car? if his dad got it for him, it's his car now, and he can do whatever he wants to it.

·
Central PA AMSOIL dealer
5,586 Posts
One, your dad didn't just go pick out a car for you without you knowing it. Why didn't you tell him you wanted a TypeS in the first place.

OK, the TypeS is the most practical car of all of them and probably the most fun. The WRX is probably the best one to play in the mud with, and the 350Z will most likely fall apart in about a year considering how well Nissan has been building cars lately.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya my dad bought me the car, so now that makes me spoiled? I dont liek the base and he didnt want to get me a type S for some reason so im opting to trade ym car in with MY money.

Right now I think its narrowed down between the type S and WRX. Keep in mind this isnt happeing right away. I have $2000 in my bank account now and will have around 7 grand by the end of summer. That is when I intend on doing the trade in, or I might even be able to give the car to my brother. He drives a land rover and wants an RSX, and my dad was going to trad ein his land rover. So maybe I can give it to him and then give my dad 6 grand and get a WRX or something.

·
Central PA AMSOIL dealer
5,586 Posts
jimmerjammer said:
ya my dad bought me the car, so now that makes me spoiled?
Yeah, that pretty much spells it out in plain words that you're spoiled.

I dont liek the base and he didnt want to get me a type S for some reason so im opting to trade ym car in with MY money.
So you didn't tell him, "hey dad, if you buy me a base I'm just going to trade it in for something else so.....".

Right now I think its narrowed down between the type S and WRX. Keep in mind this isnt happeing right away. I have $2000 in my bank account now and will have around 7 grand by the end of summer. That is when I intend on doing the trade in, or I might even be able to give the car to my brother. He drives a land rover and wants an RSX, and my dad was going to trad ein his land rover. So maybe I can give it to him and then give my dad 6 grand and get a WRX or something.
Sell the car outright as soon as you can before it looses anymore value. You only need to save up an extra $3k-$4K for a TypeS or WRX. Why would you need to save $7K?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was thinking that it woudl cost that much to trade it in.

The thing was he didnt want me to get the Type S, I told him I wanted it but it was his money so he got to pick. That is why im going to use my money and get a Type S or WRX.

Has anyone traded a base for a Type S before and knows how much it costs for a dealer trade in?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'd keep your base for a little while longer, save up more $, and go for an sti (used, if not new)

·
Registered
423 Posts
jimmerjammer said:
Have you considered selling your RSX on your own instead of trading it in? You wouldn't have to save as much $ to get into the Type S or WRX. Sure it's a little less convenient, but the dealer isn't going to give you what's it worth, considering they'll have to turn right around and sell it for a profit, at a similar price you could have sold it for to a private buyer.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
When I have children, I hope to spoil them, and start them out with an enjoyable life. I hope that I have the ability to buy them car's. (Maybe not at 16 - but maybe for HS graduation) Should this make me a poor father? No!! - This will be how I show my parents thanks for all they have done for me. Growing up sucessful and being able to pass on what they have given me. Then hopefully, one day my childred will do the same for their children. So just because someones dad bought them a new car, I dont always think it is a bad thing. I dont understand why we love to bash people for being sucessfull. Damn it, my dad worked hard to make a good life for his family, and I hope to do the same. It just depends on how much respect is given in return. I think that people are not flaming you and calling you spoiled for the purchase, but the attitude towards it. (My parents gave me an 89' Ford Tempo for graduation in 92'- Not quite a new RSX - but still I was thankful.)
Remember, when you trade in a car so quickly, lease or purchase, you lose alot of value. You should have been more adult / respectful towards your father from the get-go. But your not beyond that now. You should sit down, and have a conversation with him about your plans. (again, you should have had enough respect to have that conversation before he purchased the RSX) He probably also had his reason for picking the car that he did. Talk to him, and be respectful for what he has done. Have an adult conversation, and show him you are thinking this out.

·
Registered Loser
2,094 Posts
when I was 16, I was pumped to be driving a 1986 Ford Econoline Van.

I say learn how to drive first, then worry about a fast car.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It is very hard to have a conversation with him about cars, he has done everything and knows everything pretty much. He used to race formula 1's and would buy cars from germany and build them up and sell them. He knows what can happen to a kid with a fast car. That is why he did not want to get me the type S. I have a difficult enough time trying to get him to allow me to things such as exhaust, headers, and intake for my base. He tells me every detail about how the engine works and what happens when i put those parts on.

I do know how to drive, so stop flaming me. I learned how to drive stick right when i was 14 in a porsche boxter..

I did not ask you guys for your views on my life, I asked you what would be the better buy so stop flaming me.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Common man, your just getting people who were once your age, and now look back on what they were like, offering you advice. You asked for advice and people are offering it. For me, being 29 years old, I would opt for the 350Z because how it suits me for my age, experience, and knowledge. If I was making a decision for a 16 year old, then I would probably pick the base RSX. I am not trying to be an ass. That is just 100% how I feel from my past experience! You asked for my opinion, thats it.

Hope I am being helpful and not an ass. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 126 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.