Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2003 rsx type s yesterday. I dont really know how to drive standard so I was having my friend dirve it on the highway and we hit 110mph in 4th gear but it wouldnt go any higher then that even if he switched gears. Just wondering if there is any explanation for this.

Thanks! Matt

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha believe me I never really drive fast but I just wanted to see what it could do and I just found it wierd that it wouldnt go over 110.

·
fail streak captain :/
3,772 Posts
maybe your friends not to good with standard transmission either. what were his shift points? like rpms. could be a governor issue as well

·
Intensely Unfocused
138,338 Posts
there is absolutly no reason to go any faster than 110, slow down

·
Registered
737 Posts
rsx doesn't have a governor.:wavey:
really? i was gonna say k-pro would take care of it but didn't know there was no governator?

·
Registered
931 Posts
Danger to manifold.
lawl of the morning:rotfl:

my base hit 120 one time...it was just one time on the turnpike ok? i was just testing it...no racing :)
on the jersey turnpike? you're a brave motherfucker. I tried to get my base auto to pin the needle on 95south coming out of northern va but ran outta road somewhere near south beach Miami, FL:laughing:

·
Bańned
12,106 Posts
slow the fuck down

·
Blank Member
3,891 Posts
You shouldn't be trying to push it at those kind of speeds anyway on public roads. Take it to a track where if you kill yourself you'll have a better chance of getting laid. It will end up in the newspaper like this "Bad ass driver in rsx-s crashes on race track this past weekend, while getting a road bj" Girls will flock to you like geese go to FL in the winter.

·
Registered
867 Posts
What the hell is wrong with this thread.

NO rsx's have governors (ie: speed limiter) They do have rev limiters, but that doesn't limit top speed if you switch gears.

Also, my base has seen 130 without a problem. I don't see how an S couldn't get there.

Driver error?

·
Bańned
12,106 Posts
What the hell is wrong with this thread.

NO rsx's have governors (ie: speed limiter) They do have rev limiters, but that doesn't limit top speed if you switch gears.

Also, my base has seen 130 without a problem. I don't see how an S couldn't get there.

Driver error?
it cant be driver error. hes already in gear and doesnt need to shift. my assumption: fucked up car

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
You shouldn't be going any faster than speed limit.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
watch out for moving bee hives

1 - 20 of 113 Posts