Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Your local Jew.
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And I am not happy with the end product. .21 Intake side, .25 Exhaust side. The lifters seem to still be loud and on the ol' ass dyno it seems to run slower. The intake side was already almost on spec, yet the exhaust side wouldn't even allow me to fit the .25 Gauge Feeler in. WTF? Maybe I am just going crazy and expecting a significance in feel upon the power band(Considering I have 108k and I highly doubt its been done). Anyone wanna' take a guess on this?

·
Your local Jew.
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Spec's are correct . don't worry about the exhaust side 25-29 never good idea to go tight on exhaust side anyways . Engine was cold yes?
Correct I had it sit for about 1-2hrs. Everything was cool to the touch. Well Im wondering if I shouldn't of even touched the exhaust. Shit at this point I doubt I should of even touched it. Right now, Im thinking of just taking it somewhere and have them checked out.

·
Shiny side up!
930 Posts
Did you adjust the exhaust side and were they out much? If they are too tight you will notice a bit of a rough idle . Likely ..every thing is OK . It runs & idles OK yes?

·
Registered
408 Posts
when you let it sit for 2 hours was the engine already at operating temp?
if your idle seems rougher i would have to say its too tight. but if you adjusted them semi warm that would cause them to have too much clearance, resulting in the noise. just my 02 cents

·
Your local Jew.
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you adjust the exhaust side and were they out much? If they are too tight you will notice a bit of a rough idle . Likely ..every thing is OK . It runs & idles OK yes?
Well it idles fine. I just drove it a minute or two ago and It just sounds like the lifters are tapping horribly. Yet idle is held nicely. It just has a complete loss of power. Im not sure why? Im so pissed :mad: . Seems I will be going to Acura in the morning :( .

:firemad:

·
Registered
13,538 Posts
recheck it.

I bet they are not to spec.

.008mm intake
.011mm exhaust

I don't know what your method is but once you have set the cam lobes directly above where the lobes are not pushing down you should not be able to fit a .009mm feeler if you set the specs for .008mm. if you don't have a tool they can be tricky.

·
Your local Jew.
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
recheck it.

I bet they are not to spec.

.008mm intake
.011mm exhaust

I don't know what your method is but once you have set the cam lobes directly above where the lobes are not pushing down you should not be able to fit a .009mm feeler if you set the specs for .008mm. if you don't have a tool they can be tricky.
Well what was idiotic is that I dont have the exact tappet gauge Feeler in the correct size. Its one of those where you can put two together, to make the correct auge size.

I followed this guide:
http://www.vtec.net/articles/view-article?article_id=143824&page_number=1

·
Your local Jew.
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)

·
Your local Jew.
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK so I redid the valves... and It wont turn over. WTF?!?! Acura is about to have a new patient in.

·
Your local Jew.
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
damn man.. valve tighten to much?
Yeah thats in thought. It could be:
1. Fuel Pump
2. Fuel Filter
3. Valve Gaps.

Though there is a realllly odd sound coming from my Glovebox. Like an electrical sound.

Tow truck is on the way.

·
cheeto dusted!
5,057 Posts
Yeah thats in thought. It could be:
1. Fuel Pump
2. Fuel Filter
3. Valve Gaps.

Though there is a realllly odd sound coming from my Glovebox. Like an electrical sound.

Tow truck is on the way.
probly fuel pump got thrown off from too open of valves, lost pressure and notp pumping ? i dunno just a theory.

GL with that, which dealership u taking it too?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts