Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I have a Black RSX right, it's really really pretty when its clean... Problem is it's only clean a day or two before it needs a clean again. And of course by some wonderful miracle of nature it rains every damn time I clean it. Any suggestions on how to go one more day without having to clean it at a time. :laughing:

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
12,041 Posts
To be honest with you, black is probably THE worst color to have if you are worried about it looking clean all the time. Any kind of imperfection will show up...anything from fingerprints to waterspots (I'm sure you already know all of this)...

My only suggestion would be to put a good coat of wax on it...at least that way if it does rain the water will bead right off and you shouldn't have a major waterspot problem. Also, like the other guy said...keep a small bottle of spray detailer and a terry cloth in your car in case some bird decides to drop a load on your ride.

6,327 Posts
you're pretty much hopeless bro,unless you wash it every time it gets dirty or you dont drive it all,which i doubt anyone will do,just wax it real good.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Like soccerman said, keep a bottle of detailing spray handy. That stuff works great for quick in between cleanings.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Welcome to the "black car owner's club." There is no way around this.

Just wash it every Sunday, rain or shine...:D

·
Master of Auto Talk
1,260 Posts
California car duster
AND
THE GLOSSER!!!
I can't stress the glosser enough to people. Everyone i've showed it to, now can not clean their car without it.
It's made by 3m and it does wonders for cars after you've power rinse and dried it. (i use it in between waxes)

·
RED DRAGONS!!!
11,903 Posts
My last car was black, that explains why I have silver now. It never looks dirty but I wash it all the time anyway.

·
Registered
108 Posts
actually i was looking at my car today (black) and i thought about how shiney it was. i think zaino did the trick for me.. that and the garage. i havnt had to wash it for the past 7 weeks or so and it still looks good.

·
No More Broken OEM Fogs
2,126 Posts
KillerBlackbird said:
My last car was black, that explains why I have silver now. It never looks dirty but I wash it all the time anyway.

Same here, my integra was black. Looked awsome when it was just cleaned but black is too hard to keep clean in michigan with the salt on the roads during winter and all. Thats why I got the SS. Try Zymol wax. It's exprensive but its what worked best for my integra.

D

·
Registered
311 Posts
DanIdentity said:
California Car Duster.

:dontknow: I think it sucks...i worry about all the dirt/dust particles it picks up and then you keep scratching those against your dry car. I never dry clean.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
i think black and the blue are the best colors. but i've had a black/blueish car (midnight blue) accord, well actually still have it, but the paint job sucks ass. and i've read somewhere on here that our paint jobs arent that great either. but black/blue look great clean, but with the silver and dsm , you dont have to watch it all the time :thumbsup: go silver/dsm!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts