Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
slow af
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so today i drove my car every things fine. i bring it home and decided to clean it a little so i popped the hood and started cleaning the engine up like the hoses and stuff like that valve cover you no. and then i waxed the hole car rims exhaust, and then i got in my car to go get some food and i noticed my engine light was on not the maint req ,but the little engine light so i was like wtf. i looked every thing over and every thing looks fine i was just wondering if theres something i could have like hit that would cause it? the car runs fine. it just on for some reason.

ok jsut got back from auto zone and got 2 codes

1.p1167
2.p1166

·
Super Moderator
23,895 Posts
Did you wash the engine bay? like get everythig wet?

·
Registered
15,360 Posts
go to autozone or discount auto and have them pull the code for you. the little engine light is the check engine light, meaning there's something wrong that needs to be addressed

autozone and discount auto will both pull the code and tell you why it's there for free

once you get the code check back and we can help further

·
slow af
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok ill hed over there tomorrow. it was just weird cuz it came on after i washed it

·
Registered
15,360 Posts
ok ill hed over there tomorrow. it was just weird cuz it came on after i washed it
ya i agree that it is pretty weird, but it could just be a coincidence

i'd rather not guess at what it could be as we really wouldn't be helping you much. getting the code pulled lets us know exactly what's wrong and what needs to be done :)

·
Breast inspector by appt.
9,240 Posts
do an ecu reset, drive the car and see if the codes come back. if so, it a coincidence that your O2 sensor went out at the same time.

·
Registered
16,470 Posts
Primary o2 sensor controls the amount of fuel needed while driving around.

Without them your car relies on the fuel map to add fuel.

Depending on the temperature outside, humidty, elevation fuel requirements change.

Driving wit a broken primary o2 sensor can either kill gas mileage because the car will run in limp mode and dump fuel to be on the safe side.

Or it wont adjust at all and you could potentially be running lean causing you to put premature wear and possibly catastrophic failure on the engine(although rare).

In my opinon, if your gonna fix anything on your car, or have something working right on your car its your o2 sensor.

·
slow af
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Primary o2 sensor controls the amount of fuel needed while driving around.

Without them your car relies on the fuel map to add fuel.

Depending on the temperature outside, humidty, elevation fuel requirements change.

Driving wit a broken primary o2 sensor can either kill gas mileage because the car will run in limp mode and dump fuel to be on the safe side.

Or it wont adjust at all and you could potentially be running lean causing you to put premature wear and possibly catastrophic failure on the engine(although rare).

In my opinon, if your gonna fix anything on your car, or have something working right on your car its your o2 sensor.
ok thank you ill go get that fixed asap

1 - 14 of 14 Posts