Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i already searched about this topic and came up with thirty or so threads relating to this topic..

but none has answered this question: let's say you've had the red vinyl on for 2+ years and you decide to take them off..will it leave any marks on your original tails? or will it be squeaky clean?

and when you use your xacto blade to cut out the shape of the amber, doesn't it scratch your tails at all?

·
Registered
951 Posts
i had my vinyl on for about 6months and then took it off with NO problems.. however.. for you..i would recommend heating it up first with a hair dryer and then prying at it with your fingernails at each corner.. be patient!

*assuming that you're using the oRACAL stuff.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i just received my oracal sample today..waiting anxiously for the weather to get better so i can put them on..but thinking about cutting it with a xacto blade creeps me..for i fear of fucking up my tails

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so it wont leave any marks when you peel it back off.

but when you're cutting out the amber shape, how deep do you need to cut it? did anyone scratch up their tails while cutting?

·
Registered
951 Posts
my tails were a bit scratched up but you cant see it unless you're about an inch from the lights. so it didnt' bother me at all.

·
Registered
51 Posts
my lights got scratched up alil bit too...but it wasnt too bad cus i really didnt press down on the blade all that hard while i was cutting it. but you cant see the scratches unless you get real up close to it. i really dont think youd have a problem taking them off either. just do it slowly so no residue stays on or anything...and if it does im sure u can wash it off or remove it with something.

·
Registered
264 Posts
hey just a tip i used a piece of saran wrap as a stencil, traced the design, than transfered it to the red out...works great!

·
yada, yada
1,917 Posts
perfectg sells precut redout for $5 and change CND. Saves the trouble of messing with blades because you can only get it wrong once. Did mine...super easy.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
it wont leave a mark on your lights.. if it leaves that sticky residue that goo be gone crap should take it off... just be careful when your cutting out the shape with the xacto knife.. i scratched up my lights a little bit

·
yawn..
22,903 Posts
krossoverr33 said:
it wont leave a mark on your lights.. if it leaves that sticky residue that goo be gone crap should take it off... just be careful when your cutting out the shape with the xacto knife.. i scratched up my lights a little bit

same here =0

anyone know how to fix it

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
you're almost always bound to cut it i guess...i just did them today and cutting them was the toughest part...just take your time..do it in light..dont go too deep

jmods.net <---- red vinyl and also rear wiper shaving kit

·
Registered
264 Posts
hmm i guess you guys didnt read my previous post...

to avoid cutting your lenses, just use a piece of saran wrap to trace the design. Then use the stencil to cut out the vinyl piece. Pulling it around the corner is a little harder but nothing to be concerned about.

I did it and they look great, also not cut lenses!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts