Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
3709 in the Hizouse
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in an area that has tons of road salt. I noticed the other day when I opened my hood that that crappy white residue is starting to cover the bottom of my car and is getting into the engine compartment at the bottom of the engine. Although it is not that bad, there is a little on my V2 as well. I'm going to get the underbody washed at one on those touchless car wash places, but I don't want the water spray to soak the filter on my intake. What can I do about protecting the filter, or does anyone have a better suggestion about how to clean the undercarrriage to get all of the salt off.

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
What would happen if he drove off with the plastic bag over the filter? :)

And I agree, covering it is probably your best option. I've got a ton of salt on my car, too, but it's too cold to wash. :( But I'm going to try for it tomorrow! :)

·
Premium Member
20,803 Posts
EternalBlue said:
What would happen if he drove off with the plastic bag over the filter? :)

And I agree, covering it is probably your best option. I've got a ton of salt on my car, too, but it's too cold to wash. :( But I'm going to try for it tomorrow! :)
Your car would be running intolerably rich for one :D
I'm sure if you tried to rev it up, you'd be in all sorts of hell.

·
Registered
24,670 Posts
u know it's very ironic that the names of the two people that respond to your post paint a good picture of waht the weather is like here in Chicago. Frosty and makes me blue. You don't have to worry about water spray on the V2. I've gone thru the touchless places a buncha times with my V2.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have a dc cai, and mine gets covered by the plastic in the front. If yours is covered the same way then you will be fine. I've sprayed the under body of my car with no problems.

·
Registered
406 Posts
krystar said:
u know it's very ironic that the names of the two people that respond to your post paint a good picture of waht the weather is like here in Chicago. Frosty and makes me blue. You don't have to worry about water spray on the V2. I've gone thru the touchless places a buncha times with my V2.
Senseless bump - just acknowledging some Chi-Town folks. Born & raised in Rogers Park and lived in the city until I was 26. Despite the winter weather, I miss home...badly. Hope you guys don't have too many bumper and fender scracthes and dings from the city parking!

·
3709 in the Hizouse
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great I'll give it a shot. I had the thought today that if I'm really worried about it, I can put something over it with an open top. It will let air in through the top and protect it from the underspray. It won't be for a few days though. I looked at the thermometer today before I left for wok and it was only -12 degrees. 2morrow isn't going to be much better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts