Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Not a noob, not yet a vet
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so there's a guy selling a universal muffler and im a complete noob about exhaust stuff. What's the sizing for base RSX 02-04 that will fit? is it good just change just the muffler? any cons?

thanks

·
Mostly stock, Mostly
1,980 Posts
I am pretty sure your exhaust has about a 1.8 inch id, and about a 2.0 inch od.
The first thing you need to identify is "what are your goals?" Are you looking for performance or just a different sound?

Chances are the universal muffler is not going to fit exactly as the oem. You will most likely have to have a muffler shop make up an axle back pipe for you and fit the universal muffler. I speak from experience as I have had a Magnaflow muffler installed in place of the stock muffler on my 02 type S. I was just looking for a little better sound, so I had the local muffler shop install a Magnaflow with custom made axle back 2.25 inch pipe. It sounds good, not too loud, deep tone, but didn't do much to performance. If I had to it to over again, I would have saved the money, about $200.00, and put it towards a larger diameter catback. I had the work done before I found ClubRSX. I am more smarter now.

The small exhaust pipe is very restrictive. If you are looking for more performance you should look into replacing the entire exhaust from the cat back.

My opinion, changing just the muffler would be a waste of money.

luvmyrsx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts