Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have an 06 RSX Type-S with about 150,000 miles and ive been experiencing this unknown whirring/whining/whistling type of noise coming from somewhere around my engine bay in 4th, 5th, and 6th gear when im going about 50-70 and it's load related along with a grinding kind of noise in every gear at deceleration. The whining started a while back, it may be related to me recently changing my tire setup or my motor mounts and transmission mount but the top bolt for the driver's motormount had to go in crooked but idk if that has anything to do with it. Im not sure if it's from the transmission or the clutch/flywheel/pressure plate. I did all the research i could from searching up any kind of noise description i could for it such as "howling" or "high-pitched Whining" and i couldnt find any cases that had the same exact noise except maybe a noisy input shaft bearing but people claim that it should be whining in every gear which is not the case. I would really like to avoid opening the transmission unless i absolutely have to. I just havent been able to pinpoint exactly where the noise is coming from because the car has to be moving for the noise to occur. I've changed the transmission fluid very recently with Honda MTF with hopes to get rid of the noise but it's still making noise. I suspected maybe a bad wheel bearing? But i dont think it's very likely I read a review on some motormounts saying it caused the transmission to whine but "whining" can sound like many different things and i havent been able to find a video associated to the noise. If anyone has had any king of experience with this noise or knows what it may be or how to fix it then that would be amazing.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts