Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried to install my unorthodox pulleys today. The first step in the instructions was remove the passenger side wheel, then remove the splash guard, then crack the crankshaft pulley bolt.

Ok well that little f*cker would not crack!!!! I tried many different things....

1-a normal wrench
2-the thickest and longest wrench I could find
3-#2 ^^ with a big ass pipe on the end for soo much leverage it was insane
4-a small air compressor
5-a big ass air compressor (the gauge read 125 when it would automatically shut off from charging)

I could not crack the damn bolt. Any help would be greatly appreciated.....

I really dont want to take this to a shop, half the fun of modifying my car and building it all motor is that I can do a lot of the stuff myself.

DC5 RSX/Reuben

·
Chemical Soldier
1,139 Posts
You need to rent an impact gun with more torque. Every one that I looked at was rated at 90psi so there is no need to crank the tank up to 125psi. I rented an impact gun that was twice the size of mine and it broke that bolt loose is a second(I couldn't stop laughing at how effortless it was). There was no torque rating on the gun but I was assured that it had a hell of a lot more torque because of the size. It cost me $40 a day to rent the gun.

·
Asian dude
3,145 Posts
If not, you could put a baker bar on it, then hit it with a hammer. Tried many of those and it works like a charm after three hits or less. But you should try to get the impact gun first.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just spoke to my friend about it. He's a mechanic and is a pretty big guy. I figured if anyone can crack it, it would be him. So I asked about the impact gun and if I should rent one. He said he has tried air guns, and impact guns and nothing works. He said that he just cracks them with hand tools. He's going to help me with the install next week.

·
for me to poop on!
1,603 Posts
Keep us updated!

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
rsxdude said:
If not, you could put a baker bar on it, then hit it with a hammer. Tried many of those and it works like a charm after three hits or less. But you should try to get the impact gun first.
A baker bar?

When youre done using it, make sure to put it back on the baker's rack :rotfl:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts