Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am debating on this. I would love the 5-8whp gains and the lightened flywheel feeling. I've gotten mixed answers from people on whether the crank pulley affects the life of the engine or I will have any problems.
I don't think there is problems if installed right.
I have heard these rumors were all in the past and false.
I need opinions here, please no bias opinions.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
go for it. I've never seen a documented case of problems ever occuring. What do you mean by lightened flywheel feeling? Do you just mean that the drivetrain is now lightened and response is quicker?

·
i-VTEC, Do you?
973 Posts
In all honesty, I haven't heard of anyone with problems. And freeing up that much power for that price is pretty good as well.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes thats what people have it say, it feels like you got a lighter flywheel.
Yeah it seems like people say dont get them off of some incident in the past with no real evidence of what caused the problem.

·
Registered
715 Posts
where do you get the cheapest Unorthodox Pullies ?

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mainstray said:
...ClubRSX For Sale Forum, someone was selling it for 300. Got mine for 270 shipped.
Hey Mainstray, would you say you felt a gain in top end with the pullies?
How difficult was the install?

·
Banned
91 Posts
chris_2002rsx-s said:
Yes thats what people have it say, it feels like you got a lighter flywheel.
Yeah it seems like people say dont get them off of some incident in the past with no real evidence of what caused the problem.
Pullies mess up your crank bearings. I have ran them for quite some time and noticed my motor would vibrate motor. After awhile it developed a problems of burning oil due to the cylinder walls being warped because the worn bearings allowing the pistons to move in directions other than the intended vertical motion. :jigglemad

·
Freedom is not free!
4,112 Posts
I just got mine yesterday. I'm taking it to the shop to have it installed today.

Jayjay - Sorry dude but youre the first to have this problem. You have a 2002 correct? And your pistons are all over the place intead of up and down motion right :laughing:

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
pints99 said:
go for it. I've never seen a documented case of problems ever occuring. What do you mean by lightened flywheel feeling? Do you just mean that the drivetrain is now lightened and response is quicker?
By lightened flywheel feeling, he means faster revving since there is less rotational drag on the crank itself.

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
mainstray said:
I just got mine yesterday. I'm taking it to the shop to have it installed today.

Jayjay - Sorry dude but youre the first to have this problem. You have a 2002 correct? And your pistons are all over the place intead of up and down motion right :laughing:
It seems nothing is straight in JayJay's life.

I just don't understand how he is driving on an engine with chewed up bearings, a scored crank, wobbly pistons, and blow-by due to warped cylinder walls.

·
i-vtec.Do you?
1,595 Posts
Jayjay comments like that wont get you very far with the memebers of clubrsx :laughing: By the way these new smilies are the shiznit :drool: looks like jayjay after one of his sessions haha.Im just playing dude :thumbsup:

·
Freedom is not free!
4,112 Posts
It's all good Jayjay, anyways, I've installed the power steering pulley, I took the alternator to Pep Boys and they did the swap for the pulleys for free! I just left the crank as is. I have the shiny brand new UR crank pulley sitting in the garage. Maybe someday I'll install it or have someone install it.
In conclusion, after letting the car idle for 15 minutes, I took it for a spin. I immediately noticed the torque difference. And this without the crank pulley. I cant wait till next week... I wonder how much better this will become?

·
Banned
91 Posts
RSXType-Smoking said:
Jayjay comments like that wont get you very far with the memebers of clubrsx :laughing: By the way these new smilies are the shiznit :drool: looks like jayjay after one of his sessions haha.Im just playing dude :thumbsup:
This is you :eek: when I get behind you and penetrate. It's in all good fun. :wavey:

·
Registered
573 Posts
dont do it bro they will mess up you bearings...and it will not dampen as well..notice you stock carnk pully has rubber in the midde of the pulley its there to dampen the vibrations...it think installing pulleys are ok as long as its not the crank pulley...

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
slowdelsol said:
dont do it bro they will mess up you bearings...and it will not dampen as well..notice you stock carnk pully has rubber in the midde of the pulley its there to dampen the vibrations...it think installing pulleys are ok as long as its not the crank pulley...
Are you sure? Do you have evidence to back up your statement?

·
i-vtec.Do you?
1,595 Posts
jayjay2255 said:
This is you :eek: when I get behind you and penetrate. It's in all good fun. :wavey:
OK you went to far with this comment fucker dont say shit like that again :firemad:

·
i-vtec.Do you?
1,595 Posts
Isnt the torque dampner ony good to absorb vibrations at low rpm since the crankshaft is balanced for high rpm use??

·
iSauce- Tons of it 4vr
35,421 Posts
jayjay2255 said:

dude this is why i hate fags. you take this joke too fucking far.

someone someday is seriously can kick your ass or even worse. you need to check your fag feelings at the door

·
Registered
573 Posts
chris_2002rsx-s said:
Are you sure? Do you have evidence to back up your statement?
well just ask anyone who knows anything about cars if you dont wanna take my word for it...iam not a engine builder for no reason....i build race motors ....

1 - 20 of 84 Posts