Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Mountain Run?
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The day I have been waiting for for far too long has finally arrived… We picked up the U-Haul auto transport today. I will be towing her from Fresno Cali to Wilmington Cali for the install and tune. Epic Motorsports will do the install while Church Automotive will tune her for me…

My modifications:

AEM V2 Intake
Megan Racing 4-1 Shorty Stainless Header
3” Exhaust, Magnaflow Resonator, Stock Axle Back
RBC Intake Manifold (65mm bore)
Karcepts Manifold Adapter (65mm bore)
Stock Throttle Body (65mm bore) (coolant bypass mod)
Hondata K-Po Ecu
Hondata Intake Manifold Gasket
04-05 OEM Revised Exhaust Rockers
Skunk2 Stage 2 Camshafts
Skunk2 Pro Series Cam Gear
Skunk2 Pro Series Valvesprings
Skunk2 Titanium Retainers
RC 440cc Fuel Injectors with Clips
Denso IK22 1 Step Colder Spark Plugs
Toda Timing Chain Tensioner (hopefully in stock at epic)
Royal Purple 5w30 Oil
K&N High Flow Filter

There are two major bottlenecks in the above mod list that will severely hinder power levels. 1. being the shorty-style header that I still have instead of a race header and 2. being the stock axle back muffler that resides on my car because of my location. Here is the new 3 inch exhaust. I just got the exhaust done today at Cal State Muffler in Clovis. It was very pricey ($220) but he did a great job and I also had them make me a turndown tip for my cat...

The car will be tuned on a Dynapack dynometer which out rules many common variables such as tire pressure and traction on a conventional dyno so im expecting these numbers to be higher than they actually are at the wheels… Tech for a dynapack type dynometer can be found here: http://home.earthlink.net/~spchurch/churchautomotivetesting/id12.html

Here are some pictures of the new 06 Si/Euro Accord R RBC manifold:

Last but not least if we have time and I have enough money left over im going to bolt on that downpipe str8 onto the cat and dump a little of this in the tank...

So thats it... Thank you for all the help guys on clubrsx.com and especially www.ephatch.com

I'd also like to thank my friends and more importantly my parents for helping me financially and also putting up with this car and letting me drive theirs when mine was done for months because of illegal parts tickets and camshaft damage.

Once I get back ill be sure to post up results, dyno sheets, and the callibration for my tune... Wish me luck.

·
(•_•) ( l :) (.-.) (: l )
12,876 Posts
badass...good luck man :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
good luck...

·
Merlin Like The Magician
279 Posts
Congrates time for the real test of the A3:thumbsup:

·
Mountain Run?
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
eternal blue
47 Posts
how loud is it with just the tip?

·
Mountain Run?
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
03DSM-RSX said:
nice! finally some results taht will be posted on CRSX!

how much is it to rent that Uhaul trailer thing?
137 one way for about 250 miles and 3 days to do it in :)

outersquare said:
how loud is it with just the tip?
My car hasnt run for one month... ive heard an uncorked a3 lol and its unbearable :D

pawlstevenz said:
dayam nice, i'm jealous as f#$%!!
Thx man...

juicyjoint316 said:
good luck man. represent the a3:spin:
Most definately.

·
IPS K2 Owner #38
2,379 Posts
just wondering y u have stock cat and shorty header, then stock axle back. the 3" is doing nothing at all.

p.s. good luck with cams and no race header. i did that for a week, the cams did nothing until i got a better header.

·
Mountain Run?
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
KnightRiders said:
just wondering y u have stock cat and shorty header, then stock axle back. the 3" is doing nothing at all.

p.s. good luck with cams and no race header. i did that for a week, the cams did nothing until i got a better header.
I live in California and have 12 tickets... No cat max fine = 10,000 sometimes jail time as ive heard. I have the stock axleback cuz I get pulled over for a "modified exhaust", not a loud exhaust and that gives them legal right to pop my hood... Then they send me to smog... cant have that with stage 2 cams right.

As for the cams and no race header... we have different engines... hows that lol, o and I could always get a downpipe/testpipe for the track right man...

·
Mountain Run?
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Alright guys im out... leavin at 1 am be there around 7 or 8...

·
Mountain Run?
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
something is definately wrong here... 179hp and 138tq on a dynapack has me pissed.. there was just a dc5 with i/rh/e/kpro that made 220...

I got there at 6 am and left at 10:30 pm :dontknow:

The car is barely pulling harder than stock... It feels as if all I got was a simple kpro tune... Everything is installed correctly and all the parts are in the head. I even bought a new tensioner... Its got the vtec crossover at like 3200 and for some reason at 5000 it sounds like a b16 switching lobes... idk wtf is going on... Streetablility and drivability are almost mirror images of stock... it doesnt lope whatsoever and the camshafts/valvetrain is loud.

Im going to try and resolve this as soon as possible with skunk2... so before we totally rule these cams out we need to see what the problems are first... I hope its just a simple tuning problem... Hopefully they can shine some light on this because this project has cost me way to much money to make liek 5 more hp over what I had with my other mods. This shit is depressing.

Stage 1s made 175 hp and 140 tq... so I should be making more...

Ive prepared this in every way and had only the best top of the line parts, shit I even towed my car 250 miles to get this tuned by one of the best shops in cali and one that skunk2 recommended then I drove 50 more miles to personally visit skunk2 and ask them if there was anything else I could do... I really don't know whats wrong...

What ever happened to "you get what you pay for"

·
(•_•) ( l :) (.-.) (: l )
12,876 Posts
:( that's not good...hopefully you figure out what was wrong

1 - 20 of 97 Posts