Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i talked to john at hytech today and found out that the whole kit is all set and done, except the intake manifold which should have been done about 6 weeks ago. but will be finnished very shortly(about 4 weeks more)

so new things that i learned is that when u get the kit u can tell him when u want the vtec to kick in so u can have the hondata set to 2K vtec or 5500 vtec like on john's rsx.

the kit will not pass emissions.

the kit will cost about 7700 shipped.

·
Banned
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
another update

they will be doing group buys of about 10 cars or more and the price will be told later on this week

the car will run 12:1 compression ratio adn on 91 octane.

and the kit will cost about 10k installed from them.

he said the car sounds like a super bike with the kit and that he will have vids and pics of everything but the intake manifold later on this week

·
Stunnahood Co-Founder
2,531 Posts
I am assuming atleast 12's are to be expected, is this accurate?
Good news though!
-Tony

·
Registered
677 Posts
The "not passing emissions" part is the killer for me. Hopefully, John will have a "wussy" version for daily driven cars. Oh, and at a little lower price would be nice.

·
Banned
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
he said about 280 Wheel HP and 200 torque

·
Banned
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ohh and he said that u can bring it up to about 9500RPM

·
R.I.P Turbo'ed base auto
9,377 Posts
hmm 9500 hmmm thats off the tach. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm damn that sounds good for you type-s owners, but yet again, u can get more HP from a stage 1 for a little less, and a stage 2 for prob. that price. Guess it all depends on the person, your money your car. have fuN!

·
Banned
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
it includes a race header, injectors, pistons, rings, cat back, manifold, cams, and much much more but i cant remember it haha.

if he did this kit 7000 installed id do it

·
Banned
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah im thinking toda n2 for me too plus the toda race header and mugen cat/or HKS hiper

·
Registered
487 Posts
people people, u dont have to go and buy a kit, simply shop around for the high compression pistons the crank, the injectors all that bullshit, and you will save like 3 and half grand.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts