Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not had the chance to work on it yet but I have a question. I started it up cold and it idled up to 1800 rpm, after about 2-3 mins it had slowly idled down to 800 rpm... I waited 2 more mins and it went down to 650. I popped the hood and I listen to the engine. I am still trying to find possible problems to look into. I heard a fast pace ticking sound. It sounds like it is coming from the throttle body or right uder it. Does any one else with a JRSC race version have a ticking coming from the throttle body or any more ideas as to why it is idleing so low and dying after I start driving it? :crying:

·
ChemE
664 Posts
Guam Type-S said:
I have not had the chance to work on it yet but I have a question. I started it up cold and it idled up to 1800 rpm, after about 2-3 mins it had slowly idled down to 800 rpm... I waited 2 more mins and it went down to 650. I popped the hood and I listen to the engine. I am still trying to find possible problems to look into. I heard a fast pace ticking sound. It sounds like it is coming from the throttle body or right uder it. Does any one else with a JRSC race version have a ticking coming from the throttle body or any more ideas as to why it is idleing so low and dying after I start driving it? :crying:
Is the ticking fast paced or slow?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fast

·
ChemE
664 Posts
Guam Type-S said:
take it into a dealer or have a tuner look at it....i was gonna say piston slap but then i noticed you said it was coming from your throttle body.......definetly have someone experienced check it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Too long to explain but I can't..... thats why I need help.

·
Registered
335 Posts
piston slap sounds like a dull bell sound and it'll get worse with engine load. The clicking you're hearing most likely are the rocker arms although I'm not sure if the lash is adjustable, they should be. OR it might just be the injectors and plugs clickin :D

If the car has a charger, check the belt tension, if it's too high a tension the car will idle ok but as the car warms up and you approack curb idle it may do what you say it's doin cuz of the extra load fromt he belts.

:)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks man I'll lossen it and see.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is it throwing a cell when it stalls? Sound like bad spark plugs to me. Try changing the plugs and see if that helps. The ticking is your injectors which is normal.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I thought it might need new plugs so I ordered a new set about a week ago. I will post if they work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts