Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Point and Shoot?
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
**UPDATED**
So after a few months with the new subs I decided it was time to do something about the front stage and battery.

Parts List
-Kinetik HC1400 Battery
-Big Three 0 Gauge
-Pioneer AVH-P3200BT
-2 Skar Audio VVX-12's
-Custom Box
-Soundstream TX1.1300D Tarantula
-Fronts- Polk Audio db6501 components
-Rears- Polk Audio db651s
-Tsunami Battery Terminals

I will be getting the new skar audio 85.4 amp when it is released for the front stage.

·
Point and Shoot?
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The JBL subs have to much going on with the design, I am looking for more of the clean look.

·
Point and Shoot?
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah thats more my style, clean and simple, How does SSA compare to ID, never herd of SSA before

·
The Audio Guru
12,945 Posts
Yeah thats more my style, clean and simple, How does SSA compare to ID, never herd of SSA before
The SSA is a darn good sub, if going ID buy it now as the Company is no longer owned by the people that made it the name that it was (powerbass now wholly owns it as of the beginning of last month) and any new product that starts coming out is most likely not going to be the same quality as the older stuff.

·
Point and Shoot?
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not going 10's would like 12's, and If buying another amp down the road is what I need ill do that, but for now, the ID12D2 are what I think I am going for.

·
Point and Shoot?
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is there any amps under $200 that can power the ID12D2 to there full potential and still be good quality?

·
The Audio Guru
12,945 Posts
Not really, JVC and kenwood are pretty well interchangeable these days now that kenwood owns them, other than kenwoods XR line i wouldn't touch any other amps by either. For what you are doing you need to get D4 subs and wire them to 1 ohm and get a good 800 watt monoblock. I'd also save some money and get the tidal REF-TM12.4 as it is the OEM version of the ID12v3, same sub justdiffernt badgeing and 50 bucks a sub less, then you could spend more on an amp

http://www.woofersetc.com/p-8143-ref-tm124-12-tidal-audio-subwoofer-dual-4-ohm-oem-by-image-dynamics.aspx

Amps i'd look at would be the Soundstream DTR1.900D, or PPI S850.1D,

·
Point and Shoot?
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
The Audio Guru
12,945 Posts
Anyone know anything about diamond audio d3's?
They are good subs, definitely tend more to the SQ type of listener and to me sound best in a sealed setup.

·
Point and Shoot?
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Loco what are your favorite SPL subs 12" under 250 for a set of two?

·
The Audio Guru
12,945 Posts
if you just want to get loud Kicker CompVR's are decent and are one of the few kicker subs that sound good as well. In general though if you are really going for real SPL you are not going to find anything decent for below 200-250 per sub.

·
Point and Shoot?
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have 2 kicker 07CVR 12's that I am replacing, since in the accident they were scuffed and I don't like cosmetic damage to my car so they are replacing them. Do the Diamond Subs hit harder than the cvr's?

·
Burr
2,020 Posts
if you just want to get loud Kicker CompVR's are decent and are one of the few kicker subs that sound good as well. In general though if you are really going for real SPL you are not going to find anything decent for below 200-250 per sub.
Sundown sa-12

2 could get u in the 140's in the right install

Or use that 500 on 1 good sub like the fi btl

1 - 20 of 59 Posts