Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know a few members here ordered the fog lights. Does anyone have an update with fitment and light output?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ebay "replica" fogs

I bought a nice looking set of "OEM JDR" fog lights for my 2002 RSX-S from seller LIVEONSPEED on eBay. The merchandise itself looks pretty good for the price, and it appears it could be a fairly simple plug and play installation for the wiring.

HOWEVER, one problem is there are no installation instructions included with the kit. I wrote the seller but he says he doesn't have them. I could send these back & get my money back, but I'd really like to keep them and install them on my car.

Does anyone have info on installing these? The kit include lights, black plastic nacelles, wiring harnesses for under hood and interior, relay and switch. Appreciate any help on this. For a photo of the kit see this link.

http://www.superhightechnology.com/proddetail.asp?invID=LHF-ARX-1

This is my first post, since I'm a newbie. If this is not the correct area of the forum to request assistance please advise.

Dave

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Use these instructions.

But there are some minor differences in the wiring harness, noted in this thread.

·
Registered
68 Posts
in the other thread someone noted that the panel switch looks different from the oem. Can someone please show a pic of the difference or explain how its different.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I have ones off of ebay too and yes the panel switch is a little different. I will try to get a pic but all I have is my phone. The main difference is that it looks a little smaller then the rest and when you turn the lights on it is not a true red color. Anyway I paid 120 including shipping then I took the housing and got it color matched for another 50, so total I paid 170 for a set of great looking fogs! and the dealer wanted to charge me $700! HAHAHAHA

·
Registered
9 Posts
I paid about the same for my lights, and another $60 for a local bodyshop to color match the housings. Unfortunately, have not had the time to install everything yet. I think I'll wait til the temperature goes above 25 deg F.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I bought the same lights from liveonspeed, they're suppose to get here sometime next week. I'm interested in hooking them up completely seperate from the rest of my lights, in thier own circuit. Any advice? I have no need to connect them in with my headlights, I want them on/off regardless of what, if any, other lights I have on. Any advice? I had headache rack lights on my previous truck, and I just grounded them, gave them power and had a switch, bought them at Wal-Mart, although they say that I will burn the switch unless I hook up some sort of relay. I know the basics about electricity, although these relay's are confusing me. Thanks for the help

1 - 11 of 11 Posts