Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, here's the deal. I want to redo the perforated leather part of the front and rear seats in my car, along with a small part of the door panel, in a blue ultrasuede or alcantara. (Car is Arctic Blue Pearl.) I've gotten one estimate so far that was $1500, and that seems way high to me. I figure the fabric is no more than 5 yards at about $50 a yard, so there's $250. Then they said they needed the car for 2 days, so I figure 2 guys for 2 days at $20/hour comes to $640, so were at about $900. And I don't belive it takes two guys two entire days to do this. So to me $600 profit is unreasonable. Anyway, having not had any upholstery work done for years, is this guy screwing me or what? What should I be paying? Please don't tell me what you can get it done for from your buddy or cousin or some other discount means, what should I be paying to have this done professionally? I don't know if I should be able to get anywhere on the price or not. Anybody who knows, please chime in here, and thanks.

·
Dead again.
2,672 Posts
I do not know the answer to your question. But I have removed the door panel to look at the speakers. It would seem possible to remove the apholstered parts of the doors from the door panel. I'm sure you could tear off the old fabric, clean it up, and use a spray on adhesive to put on your new happy fabric.

I'm going to take another look and I might be going this route myself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts