Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok as most of you know i got scottatyahama's old car, i am planning on uping the boost, i got a shop that is going to get me the new injectors for cheap and hes also a hondata dealer/tech so thats going to help. what else will i need besides the injectors,ecu,pulley and belts? when i do this i am also installing a quife lsd and thinking about maybe new header and exhaust. its got the jackson racing race header and greddy exhaust which are 2 1/4", which header would you guys sudgest, i was thinking about a kamikaze header b/c its and anti-reversion header and it has a 2.5"collector and either a 2.5" or 3.0" exhaust after that. let me know what you guys think.

·
6,734 Posts
Personnally, I would go with a 3inch header back. The JR race header will provide the best gains. You won't be able to up the boost without the new prog ECU from Hondata. You already have a sick ride why not just sit on it until JR releases the official boost upgrade. You will need new injectors (550's or larger), new fuel pump, and smaller pulley.

·
Buttplugs?
313 Posts
If I were you, I would get the new Hondata Ecu and run it with nitrous like they did. The gains they saw on the dyno are stunning. The power curve is incredibly smooth, too.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh i will sit on it for a while sinc ei got sales tax and things like that but me personally i like to do researce about a month or two in advance so i know what i am doing when i do it and not jump into anything unsure. either way thanks for the help. if anyone else has ideas or comments post them up i would be happy to hear your comments and ideas

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
wpayson said:
If I were you, I would get the new Hondata Ecu and run it with nitrous like they did. The gains they saw on the dyno are stunning. The power curve is incredibly smooth, too.
I second that!!! nitrous and the SC will be sick!! I was thinking about spraying on top of my turbo as well since I am sick of my turbo running out of breath on top!!!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
either way i am eventually going to do that just not right now,and puls i am still in the process of figuring out want i want to do to it for like end goals so i can't make some steps to get there. right now everything is on the drawing board and is getting looked at

·
K series tuning liberator
2,524 Posts
zulusTypeS said:
I second that!!! nitrous and the SC will be sick!! I was thinking about spraying on top of my turbo as well since I am sick of my turbo running out of breath on top!!!
Your turbo is running out of breath up top because of your exhaust....get a full 3in w/3intestpipe and a good turbo 80mm in/out muffler and you will notice a huge difference....my shit pulls harder and harder the higher i let it rev no matter what gear.

trust me...it's your exhaust.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
teamxrsx said:
Your turbo is running out of breath up top because of your exhaust....get a full 3in w/3intestpipe and a good turbo 80mm in/out muffler and you will notice a huge difference....my shit pulls harder and harder the higher i let it rev no matter what gear.

trust me...it's your exhaust.
thanks bro! I think about doing that everyday!! but I have to try and be patient since I am getting the hondata computer and the Greddy TI exhaust as soon as it comes out.

·
K series tuning liberator
2,524 Posts
zulusTypeS said:
thanks bro! I think about doing that everyday!! but I have to try and be patient since I am getting the hondata computer and the Greddy TI exhaust as soon as it comes out.
good combo choice!! i am going with the k-pro as well in march....i am sick of the emanage....damnit. I will be talking with Kenji soon about my emanage acting up again. I think there are a few problems that have not been taken care of yet with the emanage. even with the new maps....people are still having issues...nothing big....but little shit here and there that bother me a bit. The new honda ecu's are touchy..and i don't think the emanage is getting it done right. I WILL find out whats wrong...just give me time.

My bad for hi-jacking the thread.

·
ECU Tuner
4,281 Posts
bigfoot said:
ok as most of you know i got scottatyahama's old car, i am planning on uping the boost, i got a shop that is going to get me the new injectors for cheap and hes also a hondata dealer/tech so thats going to help. what else will i need besides the injectors,ecu,pulley and belts? when i do this i am also installing a quife lsd and thinking about maybe new header and exhaust. its got the jackson racing race header and greddy exhaust which are 2 1/4", which header would you guys sudgest, i was thinking about a kamikaze header b/c its and anti-reversion header and it has a 2.5"collector and either a 2.5" or 3.0" exhaust after that. let me know what you guys think.
Congrats on getting Scott's car. It pulled the highest dyno numbers of any JRSC cars posted here. It also has phenomenal torque for a RSX, much more than anyone else, and I still don't understand why. Personally, I'd enjoy the ride for a bit before you do too much to it. A Quaife lsd would definitely help traction, though. Then wait until Jackson releases a boost upgrade and use that with the programmable Hondata ECU.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts