Max Torque=150.10 Max Power=209.47
Max Torque=152.39 Max Power=212.42

3100-8900rpm acceleration:
16.62-15.71=.91sec faster

Attachments

·
Rage With the Machines
1,280 Posts
dangerous or not....still pretty impressive....keep us informed on how your motor will hold up to the test of time
i might get these too

·
for me to poop on!
1,603 Posts
Very impressive, can't wait to see the plot!

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
nice schuessler. I have these sitting in my garage waiting for me to give them another shot at the install. I had a lot of problems with the crank pulley bolt. I would really like to see your dyno. So 3whp gain and 2lb's tq at redline and 10whp gain across the powerband. That is exactly what I wanted to hear. :thumbsup: *Cant wait to see the dyno plot*

Edit-By the way, what mods do you have?

·
Chemical Soldier
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I updated my first post with the graph. My original post was a little misleading(I was intoxicated at the time.lol). i don't know where the hell the 10whp/10ft/lbs came from...I'm sorry. The gains most noticeable with a 3-5whp and 3-4ft/lbs gain from 5200 up.

My mods are: AEM CAI, ITR IM, Toda Spec A Engine Kit, Comptech Race Header, HKS Hi-Power Exhaust, Hyperground Wires, UR pulleys.

·
!!!Master Member!!!
5,968 Posts
schuessler28 said:
I updated my first post with the graph. My original post was a little misleading(I was intoxicated at the time.lol). i don't know where the hell the 10whp/10ft/lbs came from...I'm sorry. The gains most noticeable with a 3-5whp and 3-4ft/lbs gain from 5200 up.

My mods are: AEM CAI, ITR IM, Toda Spec A Engine Kit, Comptech Race Header, HKS Hi-Power Exhaust, Hyperground Wires.
did u install all the pulleys that u received?

·
Chemical Soldier
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OEM Weight----UR weight
0lbs 7.6oz------3.8oz 02-03 Acura RSX Type S 7-Rib Alt.
1lbs 4.9oz------10.2oz 02-03 Acura RSX Type S 7-Rib P/S
4lbs 2.2oz------12oz 02-03 Acura RSX Type S 2.0L DOHC Crank Pulley

·
!!!Master Member!!!
5,968 Posts
schuessler28 said:
OEM Weight----UR weight
0lbs 7.6oz------3.8oz 02-03 Acura RSX Type S 7-Rib Alt.
1lbs 4.9oz------10.2oz 02-03 Acura RSX Type S 7-Rib P/S
4lbs 2.2oz------12oz 02-03 Acura RSX Type S 2.0L DOHC Crank Pulley
how hard was the install and what do you think about the crack pulley being changed. i have been reading alot of realiability issues with the car after a while or whatever. i would like to know what your view on this is. also if u dont mind me asking how much did u pay for this.

·
Chemical Soldier
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mainstray said:
Where did you get your car dynoed at?
Strope Speed Shop in Washington, Pa. It's about a half hour southwest of Pittsburgh. I was a little intimidated whenever on my first visit but the guys were a lot more friendly this time. I had a nice conversation with the owner, Aaron Strope, which left me overwhelmed. What I really liked about him was the fact that he did all the prep work and he also pulled the dyno runs. He is the type of guy who likes to get his hands dirty rather than answering the phone. As far a tuning my car, he wants to take a look at the hondata software and also the seminar video whenever it is made available. He impressed me deeply with his knowledge and expertise. Without a doubt, he will be tuning my car...starting with the 93 octane implementation.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
rsxmachine said:
it's the scale they used, take another look, if TQ was on the same scale as HP it would look almost flat
I don't think so. It starts out at like 130 lb/ft then goes up to 150 and then drops back down real quick after vtec.

·
for me to poop on!
1,603 Posts
pints99 said:
I don't think so. It starts out at like 130 lb/ft then goes up to 150 and then drops back down real quick after vtec.
Most people who have both cams and a race header look that way with that type of scale on the torque curve. Check out Edo's old plot:

Attachments

·
DNA all over bish!
10,639 Posts
schuessler28 said:
Here are the documented gains:

Max Torque=150.10 Max Power=209.47
Max Torque=152.39 Max Power=212.42

3100-8900rpm acceleration:
16.62-15.71=.91sec faster
Schuessler28 were you at all concerned about the possible debilitating effect that these pulleys may put on the engine in the long run? I just wanted to know. How about if you upgraded to a lighter flywheel. I heard that that counteracts the whole point of the pulleys. But anyways, great numbers though! :thumbsup: Not many people have these that's for sure.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts

·
DNA all over bish!
10,639 Posts
Yeah, that was mentioned a few times. A lightened flywheel would defeat the purpose of the pulley system. Or maybe not entirely but it'll reduce the gains that you're seeing now I think. Somebody touch on this...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts