Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts
4,780 Posts
Extreem RSX said:
Yes it is incredibly bad for your car to run lean. You should recieve new fuel injectors with the cybernation kit since the stock ones cannot deliver enough fuel for boost period. Running lean is very hazardous to your engine and accounts for 90% of cars blowing their rods/pistons to hell. Running lean the worst thing you can do to a boosted car.......search and learn.
:iamwiths:
Just search and learn some more before you buy the turbo kit

· ChemE
520 Posts
josephphng said:
what is there to learn. when the guy install the turbo, shouldn't he tuned the air and fuel ratio to the right amount? so why should i worry about the air to fuel ratio. or running lean.
Its a good idea for the user to know how his engine modifications work. What if some guys comes up to you and asks you what kind of turbocharger you are running, and how it works? Are you just going to look confused and not have an answer? That would be the stupid thing to do. I like to know how things work before I put them into my car, so if a failure occurs I now what I can do to prevent it. I don't want to show up at the shop everyday with some minor problem that could be fixed easily....its a waste of time for you and the tuner. It is hard for them to just set the proper A/F mixture on our car since we have such an advanced ECU, which constantly monitors A/F ratio. That is where either the Gaurdian or K-Pro comes in. The Gaurdian(although its not out yet, requires no tuning) constantly monitors you A/F ratio to make sure the car does not go lean and will shut you down if it does happen. It also gives some functions that the ECU originally had back to it for it to control. The K-Pro is a stand alone system that needs to be put on a dyno where a preset map for a fuel curve is created to supply the engine with enough fuel. Hope this helps a little.

· Registered
281 Posts
n8236 said:
thatguy and the rest of u, thx for ur replies. Very informative. It's ppl like u that make this forum so enjoyable for me. Always something to learn.

:iamwiths: I still don't completely have the best understanding but this did help. I am just trying to understand all the functions i.e. BOV, intercooler and the piping and how it works. Anyways thanks for taking the time to go into such great detail! :thumbsup:

· Registered
258 Posts
Extreem RSX said:
Its a good idea for the user to know how his engine modifications work. What if some guys comes up to you and asks you what kind of turbocharger you are running, and how it works? Are you just going to look confused and not have an answer? That would be the stupid thing to do. I like to know how things work before I put them into my car, so if a failure occurs I now what I can do to prevent it. I don't want to show up at the shop everyday with some minor problem that could be fixed easily....its a waste of time for you and the tuner. It is hard for them to just set the proper A/F mixture on our car since we have such an advanced ECU, which constantly monitors A/F ratio. That is where either the Gaurdian or K-Pro comes in. The Gaurdian(although its not out yet, requires no tuning) constantly monitors you A/F ratio to make sure the car does not go lean and will shut you down if it does happen. It also gives some functions that the ECU originally had back to it for it to control. The K-Pro is a stand alone system that needs to be put on a dyno where a preset map for a fuel curve is created to supply the engine with enough fuel. Hope this helps a little.
i doubt half the people here know how to tune their cars or fix little problems themselves. let him get his turbo and get on with his life. the most he'll be asked is what kind of turbo he has. nobody is going to ask him to explain how a turbo works. good luck at blacktrax man. jei is a nice guy.

· ChemE
520 Posts
ryan34o said:
i doubt half the people here know how to tune their cars or fix little problems themselves. let him get his turbo and get on with his life. the most he'll be asked is what kind of turbo he has. nobody is going to ask him to explain how a turbo works. good luck at blacktrax man. jei is a nice guy.

Thanks man.....I can wait to have jei work on my car. He seems like a really great guy. :D :D

· Out on bail
1,125 Posts
it would be a good idea to read a lot of information on turbos before you get one just to know what goes on. there is a lot of added responsibility to go with it, especially since you are turboing an N/A car. i would research a lot and get to know how most of the stuff works, or just the basics. then decide if you want it.

· Registered
281 Posts
XxThInKxX said:
it would be a good idea to read a lot of information on turbos before you get one just to know what goes on. there is a lot of added responsibility to go with it, especially since you are turboing an N/A car. i would research a lot and get to know how most of the stuff works, or just the basics. then decide if you want it.

You are getting a turbo soon aren't you? I would love the chace to see your car once you do get it and maybe talk a bit about it. I am in SA to.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.