Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Buds!!!

What's up? Well, this is how the story goes... I was interested in going all N/A but dayum I took a ride in my buddy's Integra GSR Turbo and all i gotta say is, " CYBERNATION ALL THA WAY." :thumbsup:

So I've been doing some research on custom turbo kits and I was thinking about fabricating a T3/T4 kit but when I added up the cost of all the parts w/ installation & tuning. I realized I better just get a kit that I know will work and that has some type of reliable fuel piggy-back unit and a controller thingy-mabbob for the injectors....

I looked around all over the place for used kits made my aftermarket turbo manufacturers and could find squat... :mad:

But i finally found a used Cybernation kit that i can pick up locally that includes everything Cybernation offers and the dude has a buddy that owns a shop that could install it... :p

Tell me if u think this is worth the money...
(btw, I have a basically stock Base RSX w/ an Automatic Tranny)

Cybernation Kit~ $3,000-$3,250... w/ a little more than 5,000 miles on the turbo

Is it worth saving $750-$1000 going used or should I just get the kit brand spanking new? :dontknow:

I'm totally down to spend to spend the money now either way, I figure damn this is a hobby and spending the money on this is way better than spending it all on pot ( which was what i used to do, all the fucking time, all day long) :crying: what a waste of money :rolleyes:

But so yeah.... help me out ppl... ex-pothead here needs some quality advice from clubrsx bros...

With that im out... Thanks buds....

Late,
:bow:

·
Registered
752 Posts
I say buy it new ,from past experience where i wanna save a few bucks , and end up paying more later to fix the problem. i dont know squat about turbos ,but planning on going boost in a year or so while i save up .

·
Master of Auto Talk
555 Posts
type1rsx said:
...I figure damn this is a hobby and spending the money on this is way better than spending it all on pot ( which was what i used to do, all the fucking time, all day long) :crying: what a waste of money :rolleyes:
damn, well at least he's learning lol :laughing: Believe me, you'll have much more fun spending your money on this. If theres absolutely nothing wrong with the used kit, then why not :dontknow: If you have the money for a new kit, and it doesn't bother you, spend the xtra money to feel more secure

·
Banned
1,597 Posts
make ur sig smaller u assssss. then buy and s and learn to drive a stick. if u dont the good luck with the turbo haha

·
Premium Member
1,455 Posts
RSXSAV69 said:
make ur sig smaller u assssss. then buy and s and learn to drive a stick. if u dont the good luck with the turbo haha
I'm glad to see smart ass coments by users like you. They help people on the boards so well.

If you are positive that the kit runs fine and everything is good and not abused then I would buy the kit used. You will have to build your tranny especially since it is an auto. I think a guy on the boards "yeah" or something like that just did his base auto. Search around and you might find him. Good luck.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I guess ur right Pearl RSX... that's true... but i don't see what could be wrong with it... but u are definately right... this is the problem though...

i know if i get the Cybernation turbo, im going to have to upgrade my tires/rims to something w/ more grip and for sure im gonna have to get a 3" Exhaust prefferably HKS Hi-Power... and i still cant justify spending all that... when i know im going to have to move out when im 18... (in june)... But I guess you are right... fuck a $1000.00 more though... :rolleyes:

and XstremeR yea I am finally learning... lol, working all summer (full-time) then blowing it all on pot... dayum that was some stupid shit... I cant regret though... Just have to not live in the past... and I read about the girl in ur sig... good shit man... :thumbsup: and those neons look like shit... lmfao turbo or not...

i dunno... maybe ill go used or jes get the kit... i gotta think about my future too... rent/insurance/school (if i get accepted next year) is prolly gonna render me broke after my car is done... :firemad: ...and i hope i can still work full time and go to college..

damn it and now that i think of it.... i regret getting GED and not my diploma eventhough they are almost the same :confused: :confused: :confused:

grrrrrrrrrr....... tooo many regrets... :mad: :mad: :mad:

thanks or the replies buds...

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
shut up RSXSAV 69... Miron u bung hole and u never called me back... Dude, but im totally skeptical about everything and what not... but im definately going turbo either way... prolly jes my paranoia about turning 18..

and shaddup... lol im not going from my base to an S coz its my baby.. and plus+ autos dun have to wait for the turbo to spool up like sticks do...

so blah.. bwahhaahhhha j/k butthead ur not an bung hole.... u big ass whipe...

But hey man, about the meet are you gonna go bud? the one next weekend... coz i need a ride... lol, suspended liscence sheeiiit.... but dude.. we gotta chill u workaholick... and much props for the tein SS kit u just got.. get the edfc too..

im out bud...
late,

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank you idriveanrsx... dun mind miron (rsxsav69) he was born like that... he was dropped on his head as a child.. hahahahaha.. j/k miron...

but thanks idrive ill do a search... i think his name is yeahi

·
Banned
3,454 Posts
RSXSAV69 said:
LOL this coming from a guy who crashed his Type-S only a couple weeks after owning it?:dontknow:

Anyways, buy the kit man you'll love it. Just make sure you get every single thing that you need for it to work and everything is in good condition.

Do you know why he's selling it or where he got the turbo kit from?

And if you decide to back out on it, ask him if he'll part it out. I need like 3 more things and I'm ready to boost.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
he is took the kit off of his son's car coz he was getting too many tickets and as a result the insurance was too high...

there's a total of 5,000 miles more or less on the turbo... so im not sure about the condition but 5,000 doesn't seem like much to damage the kit... unless the kid was a shitty driver...

ill drop him an email if i decide to buy one new and/or if i back out on the whole turbo idea...

and RSXSAV69... hahahaha miron i forgot it was only a coupla weeks after u owed the car u crashed it... wtf... i wonder, did u even break it in yet? and how didja crash on a turn only going 40 mph after u jes bought all that suspension?

Thats some funny shit... my bad bro, i should say funny... i meant to say sad... wait no, no, i meant to say i feel for yah... i almost really do...

but miron u better be hitting that meet up... and u could drive ur base there...

later buds,

·
Banned
1,597 Posts
hahah first off u guys are pnazzy's. u guys reported me to the mod. thats a bitch move. socnd of all i have know(type1rsx) max since the 3rd grade and we always kid around.

and randeezle thats a low blow. its not cuz i cant drive a stick. its cuz i lost controll. very nice touch by u hahaha looser. sorry but thats kind of a stupid comment to make.

max knows that im playing and the post was for him and not for all u guys to fucking read and take seriously.

max my bad i was hella busy at work( gotta push numbers). we can chill this weekend. btw when are we gonna take of ur euro clear lights and put on the redouts?

·
Banned
1,597 Posts
yeah i had always 3k on it.( 3 months) it sucks but insurance paid out well.

and all the rest of u chill off b/c it was not directed at u

·
Banned
1,597 Posts
and max btw when i crashed i had all stock suspension. none of my bars were in.

but for me new one it should be coooo

tein ss w/ pbm
tanabe x-brace
REAL mugen front and rear strut bar
Feels rear strut bar
j's c pillar bar

and soon ot come
EDFC
spoon rear strut bar
progress rear sway w/ tie bar
and a mugen cage(maybe)

·
Banned
3,454 Posts
RSXSAV69 said:
hahah first off u guys are pnazzy's. u guys reported me to the mod. thats a bitch move. socnd of all i have know(type1rsx) max since the 3rd grade and we always kid around.

and randeezle thats a low blow. its not cuz i cant drive a stick. its cuz i lost controll. very nice touch by u hahaha looser. sorry but thats kind of a stupid comment to make.

max knows that im playing and the post was for him and not for all u guys to fucking read and take seriously.

max my bad i was hella busy at work( gotta push numbers). we can chill this weekend. btw when are we gonna take of ur euro clear lights and put on the redouts?
Lol relax cuddy it was all in fun... don't get butthurt.

·
Banned
1,597 Posts
yeah its just that i have a certain mod telling me that 3 people Pm'd him complaining about me.....

·
Banned
1,597 Posts
yeah thats aight but i think that some people(that reported me) are just panzzzzies and wont say shit to peoples faces or tell them something straight out so htey hide behind their computers and report to monds. but its cool this thread is to help max get the right set up for his turbo and lets help him out

i say boost more then 5 psi. haha if u think the tranny cant hold it then do the trany upgrade first. then booooooost and boost high(not as in u being high but high amount of psi hhahaha)

·
R.I.P Turbo'ed base auto
4,713 Posts
yea i have the turbo'ed auto base. U'll deffineately need to do stuff like change the tranny fluid once u get it done, watch how much your boosting and plan on beefing it up some how (level 10 tranny). That used kit you were talking about, make sure it fits the base, there are slight differences between the base and type-s kit, nothing big but still a lil different.

Good luck,

p.s.- lemme know if you have any questions that i can answer for you.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.